Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

hrmm

after goin thru it all
no problems found.. changed the module! and guess what..... stlil not working!

checked clock spring, buttons, etc! nothin.. no go

any ideas people?! driving me f**k nuts!

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:13 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Power comes from brake lamp circuit so check that the fuse is OK and check that the brake peddle switch and master cylinder switch work as expected. If you cruise lamp comes on you know the fuse is OK :)

The brake peddle switch is a not very reliable on these fords. If faulty, you will feel some initial surging when first braking.

Other control inputs are from the buttons via clock spring so test with a multimeter while turning your wheel and wiggling as many connetors as you can. In reality when you do any testing with a multimeter, wiggle as many wires and connectors as you can get to - you may be surprised at the results.

Probably the most complex control signal is the speed out from the cluster to the cruise module (which also goes to the ECU and possibly the BEM). I guess you need a frequency meter or crow to check the ECU speed signal at the cruise module. If the signal is intermittant due to poor quality connectors or loose pins, your cruise will cut out (i guess much like when you drop below 40kph).

Really, if your pins are loose, what do you expect :) If there really loose, you may find that the cruise cuts out on every bump :? Your best bet is to fix up all loose connectors and ensure good electrical contact exists.

Cheers.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

itchi, ive basically been through all of that funnily enough.

ill change bems tomorrow and see what that does otherwise im goin to rip it all apart cuz its s**t me off!

thanks fo the heads up tho, will be goin thru it all agin incase i missed something but ive done everything uve said + more!

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:18 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

The BEM has nothing directly to do with cruise control.

Only BEM related thing i can think of is if you have speed sensitive intermittant wipers and the speed wire or accociated circuit is doggy inside the BEM killing the signal to the cruise.

I can send you a PDF i wrote of my GLI install - you may find it usefull , may not :) If you want a copy PM me.

If you really are going to toss the cruise, i will take it off your hands. I would like to discet it and see how it works internally and what processor is used if any. The aim is to get the thing working in my landcruiser :)

Cheers

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i got another module and still doesnt work
for the sake of it i exchanged it and nup, still no go

found that my clutch switch plug was cut and soldered together so got a plug and fixed it all up

nup! still not working

going to have to check it all agian, dunno what the f**k is going on here but im getting severly s**t off now lol

the pdf would be great tho

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2