Fordmods Logo

Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels 

 

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 34

Joined: 16th Nov 2011

Ride: TOO MANY :)

Location: Croydon
VIC, Australia

So much negativity.......... :(

I for one have got my wallet and car ready........
As soon as the details are sorted, my money is on the table........
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:45 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 363

Joined: 16th Nov 2004

Power: 120 rwkw

Location: Christchurch
New Zealand

Sorry but I can't see it happening. For me personally I'd rather have the genuine GT wheel than a 19" copy.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

Just get a vietnamesse guy to melt down a bunch or old teapots into a plaster mould, don't worry about ADR's. its the testing and warranty that costs horrendous amounts with rims like these, oh and the tooling and everything else involved.

I think it has been covered that ROH or any other australian rim manufacturer is not keen to undertake a project like this, not in this economic climate to say the least.

Get em to make jelly bean mags in 18's and 19's and they would be sold before they were made as there are plenty of X owners with some serious coin to throw around. Yes, the E series is a great car, but its in that period right now, that it is neither overly desirable nor any sort of vintage.

And until it become either of these things parts and companies are prepared to bear extra expense, on a real world scale, will not be forthcoming to provide aftermarket parts specifically for them.

In short, I cannot see the project coming to fruition. I am not being a hater, just a realist. I do wish you the absolute best of luck, I love the E series. I would be happy to eat my words.

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
In short, I cannot see the project coming to fruition. I am not being a hater, just a realist. I do wish you the absolute best of luck, I love the E series. I would be happy to eat my words.

Oh Dave, you so realist.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Just get a vietnamesse guy to melt down a bunch or old teapots into a plaster mould, don't worry about ADR's. its the testing and warranty that costs horrendous amounts with rims like these, oh and the tooling and everything else involved.

I think it has been covered that ROH or any other australian rim manufacturer is not keen to undertake a project like this, not in this economic climate to say the least.

Get em to make jelly bean mags in 18's and 19's and they would be sold before they were made as there are plenty of X owners with some serious coin to throw around. Yes, the E series is a great car, but its in that period right now, that it is neither overly desirable nor any sort of vintage.

And until it become either of these things parts and companies are prepared to bear extra expense, on a real world scale, will not be forthcoming to provide aftermarket parts specifically for them.

In short, I cannot see the project coming to fruition. I am not being a hater, just a realist. I do wish you the absolute best of luck, I love the E series. I would be happy to eat my words.


Agree 100%. If it was all as easy as it is being portrayed to be there is a wheel that would be definately being made in 17" for the X series owners. The bathurst globe. Havent seen any of them around yet.
Yes Wayne Draper made 19x10" Snowflakes but they are costing a lot closer to $5k at set then $1600.
The market for E series stuff is just not there for companies to make a sizeable investment. I couldnt even get any companies to show any interest in making repro EL XR blinkers and headlights when I looked into it and they are hot ticket items.
Once again not a hater just a realist.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

eaturbo wrote:
skidder wrote:
liquid_ice wrote:
Im definately game for a set of EB GT rims.

Any progress on this????


No, there won't be. The cost of this will be huge.

I would be surprised if you can get the rims alone for under $1000 a corner selling the little volume that the OP's intend to. Anyone have an idea of the cost to get them ADR approved? Your best bet would be to try and get a wheel manufacturer to do them, but as said, highly unlikely.


These rims are going to be made by ROH and the prices quoted include having them crash tested and ADR approved. Maybe you should read the whole thread and ask a question if you dont know and not guess. I would only do it if it was done properly, thats the reason i want to use ROH and not a cheap chinese manufacturer.


Don't get me wrong, I would love 19" EB GT's. I'll be waiting...

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 1

Joined: 23rd May 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford falcon xh longreach

Location: perth
WA, Australia

I would love a set of 19" el gt's with 10" rears for my xh!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

why not 18s ? 19s seem to big for a E series

it seems as if there is a mold going around for the 17" EL GTs

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-EL-GT-S ... 1e734394c6

what brand are these ? i might do some research and buy direct from the Asian supplier
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 34

Joined: 16th Nov 2011

Ride: TOO MANY :)

Location: Croydon
VIC, Australia

HR Racing make the EL GT copies.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

SPArKy_Dave wrote:
HR Racing make the EL GT copies.


Australian company and made or over seas ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 42

Posts: 368

Joined: 22nd Aug 2008

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

Location: Roxby Downs
SA, Australia

what about 19x8.5 for the fronts & 19x9.5 for the rears (Staggered option)

hopefully they can clear larger style brake callipers like AP Racing & brembo's etc.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Shen Long wrote:
what about 19x8.5 for the fronts & 19x9.5 for the rears (Staggered option)

hopefully they can clear larger style brake callipers like AP Racing & brembo's etc.



I believe they would need to make 2 molds to have 2 options :(

i feel bad for the OP we have all given him so much s**t hes just trying to keep the legacy of the E series GT parts in which is not a crime at all :)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:26 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names