Fordmods Logo

DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Story goes, i bought my EB just over two years ago. 6 months after i bought it the power steering pump would cut in and out. be fine while driving and no noises but sometimes when turning it'd give no power assistance and sounded like chubaka (the furry dude off star wars).

Anyway i put a second hand pump on it and flushed the system. Then it was all sweet until about late october last year the power steering pressure switch started leaking like a seive. i purchased one from Bursons and replaced it early november. then it started leaking again just before Christmas. Burson refunded the faulty one and i got a replacement and fitted it before i went away over christmas. Now it's leaking yet again!

Now the ultimate question is why is my car going throught switches? and how is pressure controlled in the system? is there an internal valve in the pump that could be faulty causing to much pressure on the plastic part on the switch? Thats where it is leaking. It's leaking onto the plug causing a bad connection and sometimes if i'm parking it won't bump the idle up when i turn and stall.

thanks in advance

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

One of the biggest problems with those switches is the hard lock to locks that some people do in their cars. It is what used to cause the switches to leak back in the EA/EB days.
If I were you, I would go and buy a NEW Genuine Ford one (they are a modified type) and see how that goes. F3TZ 3N824 A $67.50 new from a Ford Dealer. A lot of those after market ones are cheap and nasty.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
One of the biggest problems with those switches is the hard lock to locks that some people do in their cars. It is what used to cause the switches to leak back in the EA/EB days.
If I were you, I would go and buy a NEW Genuine Ford one (they are a modified type) and see how that goes. F3TZ 3N824 A $67.50 new from a Ford Dealer. A lot of those after market ones are cheap and nasty.


you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
One of the biggest problems with those switches is the hard lock to locks that some people do in their cars. It is what used to cause the switches to leak back in the EA/EB days.
If I were you, I would go and buy a NEW Genuine Ford one (they are a modified type) and see how that goes. F3TZ 3N824 A $67.50 new from a Ford Dealer. A lot of those after market ones are cheap and nasty.


you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though



clearly you haven't bought an engagement ring :/ :o

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Krytox wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
One of the biggest problems with those switches is the hard lock to locks that some people do in their cars. It is what used to cause the switches to leak back in the EA/EB days.
If I were you, I would go and buy a NEW Genuine Ford one (they are a modified type) and see how that goes. F3TZ 3N824 A $67.50 new from a Ford Dealer. A lot of those after market ones are cheap and nasty.


you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though



clearly you haven't bought an engagement ring :/ :o


sure haven't. look at my age! don't plan to for a long time

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though


I could find out how much to get one for you but maybe the postage would kill the advantage, I can check if you like? :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though


I could find out how much to get one for you but maybe the postage would kill the advantage, I can check if you like? :)


i'm a mechanic. i get trade

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

Fair enough :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

their should be a pressure valve on the high pressure outlet,try a swapout.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
their should be a pressure valve on the high pressure outlet,try a swapout.


in the pump? or in the hose?

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
their should be a pressure valve on the high pressure outlet,try a swapout.


in the pump? or in the hose?

pump,the external nut and lower body,it is that way on the 302w pump.yours are sealed by crimped around the case,so the valve has to be there.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
their should be a pressure valve on the high pressure outlet,try a swapout.


in the pump? or in the hose?

pump,the external nut and lower body,it is that way on the 302w pump.yours are sealed by crimped around the case,so the valve has to be there.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
Krytox wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
One of the biggest problems with those switches is the hard lock to locks that some people do in their cars. It is what used to cause the switches to leak back in the EA/EB days.
If I were you, I would go and buy a NEW Genuine Ford one (they are a modified type) and see how that goes. F3TZ 3N824 A $67.50 new from a Ford Dealer. A lot of those after market ones are cheap and nasty.


you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though



clearly you haven't bought an engagement ring :/ :o


sure haven't. look at my age! don't plan to for a long time


I'm 21, and engaged. I could have bought a Vortech from the states + brackets from CRAPA for less than what the engagement ring is worth!

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
Krytox wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:
One of the biggest problems with those switches is the hard lock to locks that some people do in their cars. It is what used to cause the switches to leak back in the EA/EB days.
If I were you, I would go and buy a NEW Genuine Ford one (they are a modified type) and see how that goes. F3TZ 3N824 A $67.50 new from a Ford Dealer. A lot of those after market ones are cheap and nasty.


you kidding?! that much?! they're tiny though



clearly you haven't bought an engagement ring :/ :o


sure haven't. look at my age! don't plan to for a long time


I'm 21, and engaged. I could have bought a Vortech from the states + brackets from CRAPA for less than what the engagement ring is worth!


well. your screwed then

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: DAMN POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

edit..
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names