Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Dominator More Stall Convertor
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Looking at getting some auto mods done, can pick up a new Dominator more stall with lock up for $460. Any one had experience with Dominators or more stall convertors, they give about 500 to 600 rpm more than standard. Also getting Valve body mod $210 and Servo mod $180, they will supply new oil with that for a total of $850 if i drop the box at there work shop. Any thoughts.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Last edited by WagonDad on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

What sort of valvebody and servo mods are they doing.
Sometimes high stall torque converters can cause the car to go to limp home mode

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

WagonDad, just read your post. are you on speed ?

The way that it comes out is there is a whole heap of ideas and there doesnt seem to be a moment to take a breath.

Firstly the dominator is good but have you increased the stall and if you do it will effect the driveabiliy of the car, remember if the stall speed is higher , the engine rpm has to rise to that speed before engaging.
When you mean lockup I presume that the Converter holds the engine centrifugal speed. This is okay.

What are you trying to achieve with the valve and servo body mods ?

Be careful you could turn your car from a smooth runner into a bucking bronco with the consequence of an easily damaged transmission.

Why not opt for an electrical shift kit and turn it on and of with the flick of a switch.

If this is for a drag car disregard what I have said and I will put my foot back in my mouth.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Thank's for asking opto but speed is not my drug of choice alcohol suits me just fine. The Dominator stall convertors range from 1800 rpm to 2500 rpm, the one I'm looking at is a "More Stall recomended for mild cam's and towing" so it's the 1800 rpm unit, it also has the lock up feature so highway driving should not be affected. The valve body mod concentrates on increasing the flow in the channels and oil feeds within the valve body, the advantage this has over tricking the S5 solenoid into commanding maximum line pressure is the hydraulic rise time, valve body mods give maximum shift pressure instantly, while the S5 solenoid mod gives improvement its not as good as the mechanical valve body mod. The servo mod I'm not sure about but it's to do with the 2/4 band in also helping with a more positive shift. The reason I'm looking at these mods is I've just fitted extractors 2 1/2 cat and exhaust and done some mild port work, while these mods havent given huge power increases the auto has come up lacking with sloppy shifts. I will be fitting a Wade 1636 cam in a months time and will have to raise the base idle, this will create auto creep. The more stall convertor will help with this and also bring launch rev's closer to where the cam's tourqe kicks in.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

Tell us how it goes.
Its a mod all us auto owners think about. I am curious,
Alex.

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

drazull wrote:
Tell us how it goes.
Its a mod all us auto owners think about. I am curious,
Alex.

I second that ... ive looked at the stally kits from JMM and CMS but would like to hear some results before I get one put in.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I'm going ahead with it guy's so I'll let you know the what happens. Have got $1200 saved so that should cover the auto mods and the Wade 1636 Re Grind Cam. Cant wait to get these mods done so I can take a run down Quit Motorplex at a Wednesday night street meet. More than happy with the power gains from the intake, head, extractors and exhaust mods, Im hoping for mid to high 15 second times. Just need a free weekend over the next month to remove the box and re-fit it the following weekend.

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Awesome keep us all posted on how it goes

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

G day guy's, been a long time coming but the box is in the workshop, going ahead with the valve body mod, 3rd gear servo mod and fitting the Dominator 2400 high stall convertor. Should all be in and running by the weekend, will let you know how things work out.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]