E-Series Big Brake Options - RBS 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:09 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

MADXF wrote:
I think you misread, or I mistyped...

The 2nd hand bit was referring to purchasing wheels, not selling the car.

How much are the billet wheels costing? if you dont mind me asking.

No, dont mind at all. The wheels we are buying are Billet Specialties, Vintec, Soft Lip style with the pseudo knock off hub.
http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?cid=16&scid=47&pid=661
We are buying two 17x8s and two 18x9s. Total cost in $AU (at an exchange rate of AU$1/US67c) is $3600 delivered to our door. Thats $900 each which would be pretty exy if they weren't the only wheels we have seen that we really like. The only custom offset wheels we have seen locally are ROH three piece items that average $750 each (and we didn't really like them as much as the Vintec's)

I see what you mean now by "ruining the 2nd hand market", and I agree. Its just that we are building something that we have spent a lot of time thinking about. The fact that the rims alone represent more than a third of the initial purchase price of the car is of no consequence to us. This is what we want and we can afford to do it, providing we take some sensible steps where we can to save some money, like buying UPC brakes at less than half the cost of some others on the market. If money was really no object I wouldn't be messing around with 330mm twin pots, I'd have 343mm four potters or bigger because even though the braking performance that these $4000 to $10,000 brakes will give me over the humble UPCs, I will never use, the look is what we want as well. So why not go for a great performing and very economical big brake upgrade and use the savings on our first choice of wheels?

Thanks for the question

'97 V8 EL Ghia Webasto 400 sunroof, Tint, Parnell VSI LPG, UPC 330mm brake upgrade (drilled), Pacemaker twin system, T5 conversion (Billet Products shifter)

Last edited by Craney on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
Had to get a wheel alignement after Brake Kit was fitted as it had massive toe out

LOL! Doesn't it ever! I missed that bit and took mine for a quick spin straight off the hoist. Didn't go far :? :roll:

'97 V8 EL Ghia Webasto 400 sunroof, Tint, Parnell VSI LPG, UPC 330mm brake upgrade (drilled), Pacemaker twin system, T5 conversion (Billet Products shifter)

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Crane wrote:
LOL! Doesn't it ever! I missed that bit and took mine for a quick spin straight off the hoist. Didn't go far :? :roll:
Turned corners great though. not so good in a stright line.............:(

I have a lower pedal as well now compared to what i had but its easy to get use too :)

Crane wrote:
And since this company do a set of E series 330mm rotors that is 28mm wider than stock, when you add the original +6mm you end up within 2mm of AU offset. The company reckons that 8 inch AU rims fit a treat.
They do, I got 19x8 +35 offset and have no issues.............

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
I have a lower pedal as well now compared to what i had but its easy to get use too :)

I have been told that the AU2 booster and master cylinder is a pretty easy mod that will return the pedal to what it was, but you are right, it doesn't take long to get used to.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2