Fordmods Logo

E Series Brake upgrades WHAT DO YOU WANT??? 

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which kit do you like???
OPTION 1 41%  41%  [ 17 ]
OPTION 2 46%  46%  [ 19 ]
OPTION 3 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 41

Post subject: E Series Brake upgrades WHAT DO YOU WANT???
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi All,

Ive been working hard on getting information and pricing for rotors and calipers for the upgrade im trying to do with my fabricator/engineer. These are some options in the air and where trying to work with the budget of $1500.00 for a complete kit of rotors, calipers, modified upright, hubs.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A STREET PERFORMANCE LIGHT TRACK DUTIES BRAKE UPGRADE UNLESS YOU WANT SERIOUS STREET/TRACK KIT HE HAS A 330MM TWIN OR 4 SPOT WILLWOOD KIT THAT COSTS $2600.00 FOR TWIN SPOT

Here are some options that are in the air right now

Option 1 (this would be alot better than the standard caliper and cheaper than a full upgrade kit)

Use standard rotor on E series but find a TWIN spot caliper to suit rotor and make it fit

Option 2 ( Great upgrade and this rotor is 11mm bigger than standard E Series)

298mm rotor with SINGLE or TWIN spot PBR caliper

Option 3 ( Awsome upgrade but very likly wont work with budget unless i get awsome pricing on parts)

322mm rotor with SINGLE or TWIN spot PBR caliper

So to make any of these kits work with the $1500.00 budget or less i think OPTION 2 is doable and thats using a DBA standard rotor slotted unless we use a equvilant RDA rotor which is cheaper to make the price work.

Another thing is that with OPTION 2 & 3 hubs have to be mahcined up and he charges $550.00 for the pairs CNC machined hubs plus modify upright so theres abit of labour there and thats why i think OPTION 2 will work best.

Please give me some feedback and vote on which you like the most and i know everyone like 322MM but i honestly dont think its going to work as just the price difference in each rotor is $125.00 each plus caliper on each side which would kill the budget unless i get awsome pricing some how.

You can vote twice and the reason i done that is becuase everyone will like OPTION 3 but if it carnt be done due to $1500.00 budget then OPTION 2 is your second choice for eample.

Please keep this thread clean and people who are genuinely interested and will buy a kit only post unless you have any other good ideas for options.

Cheers

Michael

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: E Series Brake upgrades WHAT DO YOU WANT???
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

hi,i just bought some slotted and drilled front rotors and pads for about 140 bucks,delivered to the door.the seller was marackville brakes-sydney,and they work well so far.only hassel was getting the pads on with the pistons pushed back,almost no clearance until the pads bed in.i was toying with au twin pistons on a ef disc--not sure of the dia. to use on it.have el gt brakes on the xr8 but want better ones on the ltd,see what you come up with in the budget brakes.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I live near marrickville, who did you deal with and what brand rotors and pads did you get and is that $140.00 each side or total???

Also do you have there contact number and address

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

hi,brakes australia pty ltd,11jabez st,marrickville---ph0295181088, rotors-dr0132sdl\sdr==2+pads+freight and gst==$142 note\lh and rh rotors - pads semi metalic-DB1108 COMES WITH DETAILED FITTING INSTRUCTIONS-and 12 months warranty????????? as most discs warp over 15k,will have to see,picked them up on ebay :D :D :D :D :D :D

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Definatly not brand name stuff for $140.00 for 2 slotted and drilled rotors and pads

Whats the ebay link???

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EBII Fairmont 4.0 206rwkw

SA, Australia

Is it possible just to machine up the upright's for people and let them supply the calipers & rotors etc?

EBII Fairmont = 206rwkw
EL Fairmont = Daily

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im sure we can come to some arrangement as im sure some of us may have access to good 2nd hand calipers or what not so i carnt see why my engineer carnt do all the mods to upright and also supply brackets needed to fit calipers.

I will ask tomorrow and report back :D

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi

I voted for option one.

I have trouble convincing myself to spend 3 times more than the car cost me on just the brakes.

For spirited street driving, I believe a better caliper on standard size rotors would be great, but would have to be well under $500 for me to even consider.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

I like both option one and 2, I will only like option 2 however, if the stub axle itself is still in E-Series, not AU-FG...

Some things to consider are your wheel's/tyre's package, brakes are only as much effective as long as your tyre's are still gripped to the road, if I was to say have option 2 or 3 with say, E-Series Turbo Blades, it might not take an awe full lot for the front to lock up, or in the case of my ED, the ABS to kick in, upgrading the rims and tyre's, to say, 17x8, there will be more road for the tyre's to stick to, therefor you can push the brake pedal that little bit more further before lock up occur's.

I'm seriously thinking of using different pad's to everybody else, I'm hopeing to get some money soon and experiment with some of Barrie Smith Motorsports Pagid street/track pad's, it's a little expensive I know, but it's something different compared to the usual Bendix/PBR/EBC, etc.

hope that helps.

James

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just a little update

OPTION 2 & 3 have been canned and we are going 330mm EL GT rotor as its cheaper that way becuz once a 298mm or 322mm which are both of BA/BF falcon, we have to machine up hubs. Now where just trying to find the right caliper to suit the EL GT 330mm rotor.

We are also trying to chase down a twin spot caliper for the standard size rotor so we will have 2 kits avaliable. Hopefully we dont have to modify the upright to fit a twin spot caliper as thats when it starts to get abit expensive and have to send the upright in to modify and all.

Another note is that if anyone wants to buy there own rotors, pads, calipers we can do just supply of brackets and what not and all they have to do is send in there upright to be modified and sent back. I have also lined up a workshop to give us all great pricing on rotors, pads, calipers and braided lines as well.

BenJ

Under $500.00 is not really doable as for example a ford twin spot caliper is $175.00 each side plus brackets to make them fit and if it needs anything else as well. Also twin spot calipers are usually bigger so i think there is a slim chance that the upright wont have to me modified.

SpeedyED

It will have the E series stub axcel but if anyone wanted AU onwards offset that can be arranged at extra cost.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: supercharged eb

NSW, Australia

sweet when can i get a set :D

..My fake plant died because I forgot to pretend to water it..

Last edited by svo_matt on Mon May 18, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I understand.

If however, I was to only want the brackets, and source second hand calipers etc, would that be possible?

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BenJ

Yeh dude we can do that, less trouble for my engineer and if u wanted new gear ill give u the contact i have used before and he has the best pricing around.

svo_matt

Of course u can get a set as long as ur car isent off the road for long LOL. Let me know if u need help to source parts for your engine as my engineer/fabricator knows alot of people in the performance industry so he may be able to help you.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Hi

I voted for option one.

I have trouble convincing myself to spend 3 times more than the car cost me on just the brakes.

For spirited street driving, I believe a better caliper on standard size rotors would be great, but would have to be well under $500 for me to even consider.

BenJ

I agree it would feel better to drive, but (assuming you are contemplating upgrade due to spirited braking?) the stock sized rotor's thermally related problems would only be marginally improved at best.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

hey mate i got a pbr twin piston 330 mm rotor brake upgrade through an ebay online shop called upc for 1400 i think its a really good kit but if you talk to them they might have some other options available for u

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next