ea diff 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ea diff
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EA Falcon s-pack 5sp

SA, Australia

hey all was just wandering what the best diff to get for me ea would be?? its 4lt with 3.9 head and the diff is whining

First On Race Day lol :)

Post subject: Re: ea diff
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

ea-hecktic wrote:
hey all was just wandering what the best diff to get for me ea would be?? its 4lt with 3.9 head and the diff is whining

Bud do you want take off power or top end speed? biggest question to ask ya self!!
Take off power then a stock XR6 diff will improve take off being a 3.45 ratio, or Top as far as ends go, you can get, 2.90(i think) 3.08 or 3.23. There all stocks! :(

Then ya start looking at diff rebuilding and modifing, :mrgreen: and you can go even smaller by getting 3.7's 3.89's/3.9's or 4.11's if you get 4.11's your car will rev at 110kph around 1000-1500RPM higher but it will kick a** off the line!! :twisted:

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EA Falcon s-pack 5sp

SA, Australia

i want descent take off but overall high speed im thinkin lsd aswel make things a bit more fun i wish i knew what diff gear ratio was in it at the moment but i dont :( ill get back to ya on that.. but thanks heaps for the ratios man much apprecitated

First On Race Day lol :)

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

If you take it out the ratio is writen on the crown wheel in the diff, also i forgot to mention any borg warner diff gears will fit so skylines,holdens,valiants so on as long as its a borgwarner 28 spline it will fit! If shes manual a 3.23 should safice, but if auto and you want an LSD get the 3.45 XR6/FAIRMONT diff and if shes still not quick enough off the launch then re-build with better gears or start some work if you havnt allready!

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]