EA t5 in el 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EA t5 in el
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6T

QLD, Australia

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could tell me if an EA 5 speed box would fit into an EL. Both cars are 4.0 Letre sixes. I searched this before i posted anything but couldnt get a yes or no answer. Any help would be appreciated as i have been offered this car cheap as chips. 8-)

can someone please help me A.S.A.P

CHEERS

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

answer is yes.... ive got an ea box in my ef. First gear is really short in the ea boxes, good thing or bad thing..... im not sure?

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thanks FordFairmont

Do u think that 500 bucks 4 an EA with a 5 speed in good cond is a bargan or am i barking up the wrong tree??

is there anything else i need to no before i go n say ill have the car???
CHEERS

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:15 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Pretty good deal I reckon, would be able to flog the complete EA 5 speed conversion for 500.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thanks alot guys :D

ill go n sort it out now :P

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Does anyone no what clutch i need to use ??? ive been looking around and have seen clutch kits that cater for EBII to EL. Cant find any advertized to fit the EA box. :( or am i going about this the wrong way and need the later model clutch??

CHEERS

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:49 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Does anyone no what clutch i need to use ??? ive been looking around and have seen clutch kits that cater for EBII to EL. Cant find any advertized to fit the EA box. :( or am i going about this the wrong way and need the later model clutch??

CHEERS

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

No you need the EA clutch.

Ring "Clutch Industries", for a supplier, they do a good price.

http://www.clutchindustries.com.au/contact.htm

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thanks guys

Is there anything else i will need to do the conversion?? so far i will have the mal wood pin, a new clutch and the whole EA. Is there any other bits i need that are different between the two models or anything i will need to modify?? I will be following Voxace's conversion guide and dont really no what im doing when it comes to bits n peices behind the engine. :?

Thanks for all the help guys.

CHEERS

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

You will also need a NEW spigot bearing, which you tap into the back of the crank. About $15 from most auto stores. The rest of the bits you can just pinch off the EA.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:53 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Do i use the drive shaft, diff and ecu out of the EA or do i use my diff and drive shaft, and then mod my ecu as in the conversion guide???

Thanks alot guys all your help is greatly appreciated and will make the conversion a whloe lot easier :D

CHEERS

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

same tailshaft & diff...... just need to attach resistors to the auto loom to make it idle and for reverse lights etc.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

This also helps me out as i was going to by a complete EA,EB or ED 5 speed for round the $500 mark and convert my EF.

Post subject: yer
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

me and my mate put a ea gear box into his el and its great his gear ratios are much shorter than my ef xr6 one tho

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:07 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the ea T5 has shorter 1st gear compared to the rest but otherwise the boxes are pretty much the same..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next