EB Car not Starting After Manual Conversion 

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Got some more little bits for the Manual Conversion....
Bush Clutch Clevis (XF7B605A) 2x
Rod Clutch Release (XC7664A)
Insltr Asy-Clutch Lvr (XFL7L588A)

So Yeah getting there

Good stuff! Are the little bits starting to add up? I bought myself a whole low km ED gli factory 5spd from the auctions & ripped all i needed from it.

Have you been able to figure the ecu question out yet?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:24 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ed farimont

NSW, Australia

dont worry about doing the resitoe trick.i did it to my ed fairmont and it works fine.just sort out your nutral switch and you revers light swich and your prohibitor wire.that all you need and dont for get to hook up your speedo.

the car did not go into limp home mode.when you do it just leave your bat disconnected and then you when you are ready.hook it up and leave it for 2 mins so the ecu will learn the manual mode..

stef

thanks guys

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

yeah toranaguy they aren't that expensive but i was goign to buy a manual wagon and rip it out of it but dad brought an gearbox to replace his but he don't or couldn't be bothered to replace it so he gave it to me and yeah found myself with it and got a cheap half conversion and just getting little things

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i feel stupid took the dash out (not all the way) disconnected the wires etc etc and then i thought look at the boxes i did and f**k there are near ideniticall so i will get a rod froude clutch pin (dad snapped his clutch pin and got a bolt and new bushes and bolted it up) and yeah but now i forgot to connect a loom and a vacum hose and my car is running doggy no revs, no speedo and power streering is wierd but i am sure i will have a play and she will be right as rain

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
well i feel stupid took the dash out (not all the way) disconnected the wires etc etc and then i thought look at the boxes i did and f**k there are near ideniticall so i will get a rod froude clutch pin (dad snapped his clutch pin and got a bolt and new bushes and bolted it up) and yeah but now i forgot to connect a loom and a vacum hose and my car is running doggy no revs, no speedo and power streering is wierd but i am sure i will have a play and she will be right as rain

U poor bugger! Those dash boards are a bit of a pain! I've still got work to do behind mine, and i did my conversion back in feb! I've got a couple of broken mechanical links for the climate that need fixing, and some more wiring to tidy up. I was removing left over car alarm wiring while i had the dash out. Most is now gone, but still a little to remove.

Not bad getting a gearbox for free!

Yes, the peddle boxes are almost identical, and the clutch pin can convert an auto box easily, but if i was going to do my peddle box over again, i'd be welding in some steel plate to reinforce it. Mine was cracked in the ED, so i welded it up with the mig, but i can still feel it flexing a bit under my foot. I have welded it up pretty good, but messy ( hey it's under the dash, who's lookin?), so it's not cracked yet, and i've not been gentle on it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
poor bugger! Those dash boards are a bit of a pain!

yes and no the dash removal is simple design (got a gregorys manual to help me) but the annoying thing is how ford designed the loom setup behind the dash etc etc were my fault is i forgot to put one of the loom connections back together (behind the fuse box) and it seems that loom conrtrols the instrument cluster because of i have no Rev reading, no speedo readin, oil pressure is out ragouse and no power steering, (steering is stiff) and i suppose it deon'st help that i put me momo wheel on wrong (it is on a diagonal) i think i will definnatly do a right up on this save some poor sap f**k up how i did)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

All Good Fixed the Dash instruments and that and hopefully i will do it this weekend

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I Started it on Saturday the 4th

Went out to dad's,, ran the car up on the Ramps, Drained the Oil and then went inside,, went outside too cold,, went home :P

Sunday the 5th
Took tailshaft out, unbolted bottom of bellhousing and starter motor,, unpluged wires etc etc and oil lines of Auto,, undid airbox then ....(f**k around with top bolt of starter gave up) started to remove the manifold bolts,, went inside for a breather,, went outside too cold near raining wheather,, went home :p

So i am getting there back to work this week next saturday the auto is coming out and clutch etc etc is going in and sunday i will finish the job...

so that is the story so far

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It's a battle with the weather like that atm. I'm slowly putting my ED back together, with the auto in it, and i'm lucky to get 2 hrs here & there between weather & other things i need to do. Very slow process! Today i got the auto trans lines in, hooked up the zorst, started bolting the acc's back to the front of the engine & it rained. :( I've got a shed, but the problem is it has my Lh Torana & Hz Panel van in it, so no room to work on the ED, except in my driveway.

Once the manual goes in, you will love it! I know i love my EB heaps more since the conversion. Best $$ i've spent on that car since owning it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah my fiance/ GF step father was / is like "it's a big job ya should of just brought a manual one" well the fact is i would have to sell and wait for it to sell and finding an good body, good engine manual which is a rare find....

any way hopefully next weekend the car should be down but i will only enjoy it for a few days :( as it will be unregoed for about a week or two while i add more money to the kitty for rego. then next job repainting the roof

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
yeah my fiance/ GF step father was / is like "it's a big job ya should of just brought a manual one" well the fact is i would have to sell and wait for it to sell and finding an good body, good engine manual which is a rare find....

any way hopefully next weekend the car should be down but i will only enjoy it for a few days :( as it will be unregoed for about a week or two while i add more money to the kitty for rego. then next job repainting the roof

ROFL! I know where your coming from there! I converted my EB because the auto was leaking from the front seal, and i had to remove it to fix, so i said stuff this, i'm slottin in a 5spd. :D Everyone told me sell the EB i have & buy a 5spd one, but as you said, too hard to find a good one. Not to mention i'd put way too much money into the EB.

Anyway, where is the fun in having a stock car?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

A few days and hopefully it should be done.... i got to edit my wanted post as i am still after a tiny things like gear boot and that ...... and yeah all go for the weekends again can't wait

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
A few days and hopefully it should be done.... i got to edit my wanted post as i am still after a tiny things like gear boot and that ...... and yeah all go for the weekends again can't wait

There's a dude on Ebay that makes up leather gear boots ala EB GT style, i think they are about $35 a pop. IIRC they come from somewhere in Europe, maybe England. If you can't get a gear boot, try Ebay.

I wish i had the $$ to get a leather one for my EB. I don't like the std boot. Doesn't look right in my Fairmont Ghia.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

organised some of them yellow hallogen lights so i will start it friday night (wearing trackie dacks i think) and that cause sat night going to orange and then going to that all ford day on the 13th (yah)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well Well Well it has been a mini s**t fight for me... last night Friday went out mum and dad's after work... got the mpfi manifold back an inch undid a few annoying little things etc etc and today i just finished (with the help of dad) taking the starter out, the radiator and shroud and auto lines and cooler, the gearbox and the torque converter just about to have some lunch and get back into hopefully it will be down today this arvo (hopefully) if not it may have to wait another week cause sunday iam going down to warick farms for that ford day should be good.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next