Fordmods Logo

EB1-5speed into EF-monty 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EB1-5speed into EF-monty
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: toyo,2ea,3eb,1ef,1el,zh

QLD, Australia

hi-- just wanting some advice== son has 91 3-9multipoint-5speed - EBs series 1, as donor vehicle===wanting to put the 5 speed into a 94-EF-4lt-monty. can he use the EB pedal box & anything else or just the gearbox-bellhousing-clutch--- can he use EF auto ECU with diode modification or does he have to find EF manuel ECU :? ===we read auto to manual threads-mainly swaps other way--newer into older- just not sure on older into newer--thanking you for all help. :D :?:

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

all is fine apart from the pedal box - this can fit with the mods IIRC, but more effort that its worth, just get a malwood clutch pin for $120 delivered - just bolts onto the auto pedal box and use the EB's pedal and your done.

Yes, you can just trick the EF ECU with resistors.

have a look for the conversion guide from Voxace on here, its a PDF, ltos of pics and good instructions.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: toyo,2ea,3eb,1ef,1el,zh

QLD, Australia

thanks-yer read voxs guide very well done-wasnt sure bout pedal box-- went for earlyer 5 speed for lower 1st & more even split thru-out all gears. i know now who will be doing most of the work-lol-i think hes learnt off his 2 older brothers==daughters oppisitt-can only work on her car [84 SABB ] ( yer i know) if shes there to help===she wanted something different to all the others -- all commys/couple fords//& buzz box tryhards -as she calls them==lol-she even spent her 19th birthday building 6x6 shed with me to put her car out of weather :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]