EF Auto gear box stuffed? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Auto gear box stuffed?
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

i was recently driving to melbourne and the whole way the gear box was changing gears and dropping into neutral. i could put the gear stick in drive,3,2 or l and it just did its own thing. is it stuffed? should i just convert it to manual?

cheers

Post subject: Re: EF Auto gear box stuffed?
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Possible low or stuffed tranny fluid or stuffed inhibitor switch.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EFII Futura Stock as a

VIC, Australia

When turning right at roundabouts at a fairly fast speed it drops into neutral and just revs when the gas is pressed then it is definitely low on fluid. You can check the bottom of the car around the trans to see if there is grease or guck everywhere as it might be leaking at the seals, which need to be replaced or even after filling it with fluid it will keep leaking and you'll have the same problem.

I just got my trans serviced and filled by Ultratune but they didn't mention anything about leaks to me when it is plainly visible once I had the car jacked up on the weekend it is pissing fluid out everywhere around the tailshaft.

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

insomniac wrote:
When turning right at roundabouts at a fairly fast speed it drops into neutral and just revs when the gas is pressed then it is definitely low on fluid. You can check the bottom of the car around the trans to see if there is grease or guck everywhere as it might be leaking at the seals, which need to be replaced or even after filling it with fluid it will keep leaking and you'll have the same problem.

I just got my trans serviced and filled by Ultratune but they didn't mention anything about leaks to me when it is plainly visible once I had the car jacked up on the weekend it is pissing fluid out everywhere around the tailshaft.

Well Your rear extension housing seal is stuffed then. The tail shaft has to come out to fix it. Ultra tune are crap. You should mention something to the clown. Sometimes its better to do things yourself dude.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:02 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EFII Futura Stock as a

VIC, Australia

Yeah mate I am definitely going back to Ultratune to get them to fix things right. My gearbox just started shuddering and vibrating when I'm accelerating a little harder and the engine seems unable to rev as freely as before either. Because the new fluid int he trans is so runny it's been pissing out everywhere.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]