EF/EL Handbrake 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EF/EL Handbrake
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

basically i hate the unbrella style handbrake in my EB and i've put a "good" style handle from an EF in but now i need to work out how to hook it all up. The handle is too far back to be able to activate the same lever mechanism that the original one did so i'm wondering if someone could explain to me, how the EF/EL handbrake cable is configured.

I know that EA-ED have the crap handle and small arms on the calipers that activate the pads to clamp the disc and the cable for it runs up either side of the car and joins just in front of the gearbox cross-member and then the handle pulls an arm which pulls the cable to the calipers.

as far as i know the EF/ELs have a different style of handbrake on the diff, that is, they use small shoes inside the hub of the rear rotors which act like small drums. correct me if i'm wrong... the bit i'm most concerned with is how the cable runs, how do they get both sides to the handle on the right side of the trans-tunnel (how do you get around the tailshaft?)

thanks in advance
Slabz

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

You are quite right the EF/ELs have a drum-in-disc Handbrake system

The cable runs down the drivers side to the rear-right wheel then across the diff to the left.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

Excellent. that means i just have to get myself an EF/EL handbrake cable and mod it a tiny bit where it goes onto the calipers :P thanks madmax

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]