Fordmods Logo

EF falcon clutch pedal box issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF falcon clutch pedal box issues
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

ARGHHHH!!

I wish Fraud had fixed this as from the thread search it appears to be a common problem with all manual cars since EA.

I once had an EB XR8 that pulled the clutch cable through the fire wall just before Easter. :x I got it all welded up but it was just not the same ever.

I bought an EF Fairmont 7yrs ago and converted it to manual 5yrs ago. It has just pulled the same trick 2 months ago. Again that has been welded and braced with a new clutch cable thrown in.

Now the clutch pivot pin mounting appears bent as the operation is crap and when I looked under it is not at the same angle as the brake peddle pin.

It is my everyday car so it is a pain in the a*** to go without it. So I was thinking of buying another peddle box, having it braced and then swapping it over.

Or is there someone in Adelaide who has done it before and can do it in a day at a reasonable price?

All ideas welcome.

Cheers

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

FYI.

January.
Weld up and braced fire wall .

February.
Pedal box failed so replaced with a heavily braced unit.

February.
Clutch pedal replaced as the pivot/pin for the clutch cable was busted at the weld.

Lesson learnt, if you drop the steering column, don’t leave it unsupported as it bends the base bearing support at the firewall and causes the knuckle/coupling just the other side in the engine bay to foul the firewall.

Also helps to loosen the knuckle/coupling in the engine bay at the fire wall to allow more movement.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]