Fordmods Logo

EF inner lower control arm bush 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EF inner lower control arm bush
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '87 XF Ute - '94 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

fistly hi to y'all... i've been lurking around for a few weeks and have so far resisted the temptation to ask "why is my engine ticking?",and "what exhaust, cam, springs etc... i should put on my ride?" :roll:

however...

i'm in the process of replacing all my front-end bushes with a Noelathane kit, all going well so far... with the exception of the inner lower control arm bushes...

the replacement bushes, when butted together are a good 4-5mm longer than the crush tube... i've got no idea how they are supposed to fit in between the mounts...

the tube is a snug fit in the mounts... the bushes have got me bushed...

any suggestions appreciated...

Post subject: Re: EF inner lower control arm bush
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:57 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Does the flange area of the bush come into firm contact with the sides if the control arm, or is it a little bit wider.

I've had this happen once before where the inner bore is longer than it should be, and your choices are limited to:

1. Sanding or lightly grinding or lathe the inner length of the bush down to make it fit. Should only take a few mins each side, but becareful.

2. Contact Nolathane tech support and tell them your problem. Their tech support is very very good. If you can prove there is a fault (take a photo), they will check their existing stocks and if they are suitable, they will post out a new set ASAP... Or they will lathe a couple of bushes for you and post them out.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

And now your photo just popped up :?

That looks like the same issue I had, that the ends of the inner bore of the bush were convex and were adding to the length of the bush.

I just lightly grinded both sides until I got the correct length and was all happy in the end.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '87 XF Ute - '94 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

thanks...

i initially went for option 2 and contacted tech support... he had apparently never come across this before(???) might be a good week to buy a lottery ticket...

he did assure me that if i wanted to have a go at grinding them down they would replace them if i had any probs...

turned out to be a fairly easy job... although considering what i paid for them i would have prefered them to have been the correct size to begin with...

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]