Fordmods Logo

EF V8 auto prob 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF V8 auto prob
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 2

Joined: 18th Apr 2008

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

HEY can anyone tell me Why my v8 4 spd auto takes a long time and high revs to change between 1st and 2nd but everything else is working fine. 94 ef fairmont wagon. ??????
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:43 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 41

Posts: 81

Joined: 18th Apr 2008

Ride: ef xr8 xcop

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

cant tell you why but I can tell you that mine does the same thing :(

 

_________________

EF XR8 option 20 police interceptor :)

REPCO cars are our life too..........

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 1538

Joined: 4th May 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

the gear box will change when it wants to. why do you care???
i mean if its working fine then why does it bother you????
is it in econ mode or not???

 

_________________

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

Thumpdaddy wrote:
cant tell you why but I can tell you that mine does the same thing :(
have the boxes been serviced and error codes checked,and drive in power mode-----box doesnt slip as much,and the box lasts longer.mine had 1-2 band worn out at 275-276k,the last oil change had the clutch lining particles in it,so rebuild the box.have your boxes scanned for error codes and get them serviced,i have used the same guy for 7 years-------he was a neighbour and the car dealers warranty guy,i didnt know until i had some work done under warranty,funny how it goes.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 2

Joined: 18th Apr 2008

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Thanx for the info, I do my own services and should be fine, however I never had error codes checked, presume I need a auto Guy for that, I'll go through the motions see what he tells me, Also just found a good 2nd hand box think I'll grab it for spare or replacement... Cheers Darren..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

mmmm v8 wagon... i want :P lol

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 6

Joined: 18th Apr 2008

Ride: Fairmont

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I had the same problem in my AU. However mine was skipping 2nd and going straight to 3rd. Turns out that i had fried the belt in 2nd just got my box rebuilt by a guy at Bankstown. Cost me $1430 but it drives like new again. Just try when you are driving take 1st gear to about 4grand and then get off the throttle and it should change to next gear. To see if your box is skipping 2nd, when you car is at operating temp get up to around 60kmph and then drop it back into 2nd. If it slips or free revs you are probably in the same boat i was. Hope it helps.

 

_________________

While I still have a set of swingers. I will own a Ford!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

peacy wrote:
Thanx for the info, I do my own services and should be fine, however I never had error codes checked, presume I need a auto Guy for that, I'll go through the motions see what he tells me, Also just found a good 2nd hand box think I'll grab it for spare or replacement... Cheers Darren..
the codes scanners are forsale by muzza,look forums. i phtocopied his workshop code pages for v8 ef----2 pages,the trouble with electronics,too many variables ,piggy backed to each other.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:41 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 41

Posts: 81

Joined: 18th Apr 2008

Ride: ef xr8 xcop

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
Thumpdaddy wrote:
cant tell you why but I can tell you that mine does the same thing :(
have the boxes been serviced and error codes checked,and drive in power mode-----box doesnt slip as much,and the box lasts longer.mine had 1-2 band worn out at 275-276k,the last oil change had the clutch lining particles in it,so rebuild the box.have your boxes scanned for error codes and get them serviced,i have used the same guy for 7 years-------he was a neighbour and the car dealers warranty guy,i didnt know until i had some work done under warranty,funny how it goes.


I couldnt tell you whats been done to mine :) Ive only driven it once with the guy from the dealership sittng next to me...... :( :( :( I pick it up on tuesday hopefully :lol: :lol: but it wont be regoed for a couple months yet ive got big plans for it before rego............... and yes gearbox service and shift kit was one of the things on my to do list.

 

_________________

EF XR8 option 20 police interceptor :)

REPCO cars are our life too..........

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names