Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EL/EF motor turbo into ED falcon Auto
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

got a complete EL/EF motor today out of a 96 falcon complete all bolt on accessorys and wiring harnes ecu with only 155 thousand k on it and auto was looking at turboing it and sticking into my ed anyone got a idea if i should rebuild it or leave it and get a turbo manifold, turbo, and dump pipe etc any one got a few prices to and wt i would need to turbo this motor?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: EL/EF motor turbo into ED falcon Auto
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Black EB 5 Speed EL Front End

QLD, Australia

id rebuild it with forged pistons and conrods so then you can get more power out of it and it will last longer

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i have got a price to rebuild it from a mate who is a mechanic its going to cost me 1500 for kit and i help him rebuild it at his workshop all i really need at the moment is a exh manifold to the turbo and a turbo i can get the lines at a later date and inter cooler at a later date also anyone got a exhaust manifold and what size turbo do you think i should run im only after maybe 6-12 psi boost ive got a chip for it to be tuned and also will i need a rising rate fuel regulator and another fuel pump or just change the standard one in my car

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Black EB 5 Speed EL Front End

QLD, Australia

thats pretty cheap for a rebuild kit if it has forged pistons and rods. you can get an exhaust manifold from snort performance. i would use a standard garrett turbo off an xr6 turbo and i would also use the injectors off an xr6 turbo. not to sure about the fuel pump but i would be better to get a better one

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]