Fordmods Logo

EL Fairmont Ghia spring and shock replacement. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Fairmont Ghia spring and shock replacement.
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, I've got a set of Boge shocks and standard height king spring replacements for my EL Fairmont Ghia. Previous owner lowered it and I want to put it back to standard height.

Has anyone replaced shocks and springs on these before? I have spring compressors as well.

How woukd I remove rear and front?

I've also got a full set of upper and lower ball joints for the front of the car, is there a way I can remove what they are held in and take them to a workshop to get pressed in?

Thanks much.

Post subject: Re: EL Fairmont Ghia spring and shock replacement.
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Damoo wrote:
Hey guys, I've got a set of Boge shocks and standard height king spring replacements for my EL Fairmont Ghia. Previous owner lowered it and I want to put it back to standard height.

Has anyone replaced shocks and springs on these before? I have spring compressors as well.

I've also got a full set of upper and lower ball joints for the front of the car, is there a way I can remove what they are held in and take them to a workshop to get pressed in?

Thanks much.

EL F'mont Ghia's had Tickford height springs in them, so they were lower than stock GLi's.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:
Damoo wrote:

Thanks much.

EL F'mont Ghia's had Tickford height springs in them, so they were lower than stock GLi's.

I think its been lowered even still because the springs had a bit of yellow paint on them and the front swaybar has nolothane bushes on it.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:31 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I replaced the shocks/springs with standard height king springs and Boge shocks.

With the shocks, I put the bottom bolt through, got it secure, then pushed up the diff and tightened the nut up top until it took up all the thread, is this the way to do it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]