Fordmods Logo

gearbox or clutch problem? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: gearbox or clutch problem?
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

ok im back with my usual dilemas... gearbox/clutch s**t :( since i got my new clutch done i had clutch shudder taking off at times, was told it sometimes needs a good burnout to settle it in abit so at the drags on sat i did a few lil ones and the shudder is pretty much gone now

now my problem is... after my second run i had to f**k force it into gears the rest of the night, and now it feels funny changing gears, like it gets stuck then goes, grinds the gears sometimes when changing, takes ages to get it in reverse. now i've had problems with the box ever since i bought it in april (got new clutch about a month ago) and everytime ford have checked it (still under warrenty) they said nothings wrong with it.

with the new clutch ford now says that if its anything to do with it, it wont be under warrenty which is fair enough, but i dont want to be paying them to take it all apart and tell me its the clutch. i also get a slight tapping noise and when you put the clutch in it goes, ford said its cos of the clutch cos its got stiffer springs but my mechanic said its worn thrust bearings or something :?:

sorry about the essay here, just got 2 months left on warrenty and im all short of ideas at the moment so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks, mark

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA2 'Mont

VIC, Australia

sounds like the clutch is out of adjustment... mine gets hard to get into gears once the firewall starts to heat up from the turbo and starts to flex (so my pedal travel does less)

try adjusting and see if it makes any difference?

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

hmmm well wince i know s**t all about doing stuff like that i might take it back where i got it and see how that goes

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]