GOOD QUESTION 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: GOOD QUESTION
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

With the 4spd btr auto's from late EA through to BA,is there any good mods for these boxes for performance and quicker shifting????

I went and seen the guys at my local transmission place to see if i could do any mods to the btr 4spd in my ed.They said it's just a waste of time and compared to the turbo series boxes in the holden there isnt much parts out there to mod them like the holden variety.

They also mentioned that running a high stall would be pointless and wouldnt serve you well,because there is only 2 types of converters you can run on these boxes.1-is a lock up stall (standard) and 2-is a high stall with no lock up (may have issues with comperter faults and problem shifting.)

They also mentioned that the boxes are basically identical up until BA or even BF.The only thing that changed is the valve body and that didnt change much.

Now they said that either if you got a few auto boxes to keep them as spares because they wont last that long with stress.They told me to convert it to manual as this was my first plan to do.

These guys at the transmission place we deal with alot through work and also outside of work i see them and they are real heads ON.They know what they are talking about.

But my question is,has anyone here have a modded 4spd btr auto from a falcon been modded either shift kitted/fully manulised with a high stall,and is very streetable.

Cheers Bryan

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

A Mate of mine has one that has been rebuilt with a huge shift kit and a 2400 stall in it behind a built I6 and it is bullet proof. We have given that thing a hiding and it wil not break. The car is no slouch either he is putting around the 150kw to the road. It even handles the neutral to 1st with no problem, he was trying to beak it because he was told the same thing you were. He didn't succeed. I am pretty sure to manualise them all you really need to do is disconnect one wire in the loom so the ecu can't chage for you.

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I guess you need to find a new Auto place :)

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

xr6eat 50 wrote:
A Mate of mine has one that has been rebuilt with a huge shift kit and a 2400 stall in it behind a built I6 and it is bullet proof. We have given that thing a hiding and it wil not break. The car is no slouch either he is putting around the 150kw to the road. It even handles the neutral to 1st with no problem, he was trying to beak it because he was told the same thing you were. He didn't succeed. I am pretty sure to manualise them all you really need to do is disconnect one wire in the loom so the ecu can't chage for you.

Obviously you havent heard of Limp Home Mode. And also MV Automatics do a valve body for the BTR

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]