Fordmods Logo

good shocks?(purchased a set of boge shocks) 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

i finaly got the shock thread and now the rear shocks are fitted to my car its amazing how much better they are compared to my blowen stock ones the rides firm and stiffer than i thought it was going to be i cant wait to put my 17s back on the rear to see how it goes with them alls i can say is im happy with them so far and the fronts will go in shortly
here my old ones they wouldnt even bounce up after a day lol rooooooted

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL

SA, Australia

ea_falcon wrote:
i finaly got the shock thread and now the rear shocks are fitted to my car its amazing how much better they are compared to my blowen stock ones the rides firm and stiffer than i thought it was going to be i cant wait to put my 17s back on the rear to see how it goes with them alls i can say is im happy with them so far and the fronts will go in shortly
here my old ones they wouldnt even bounce up after a day lol rooooooted
Hey thats good news ea_falcon.
Unfortunate about that minor glitch along the way with the thread but happy to hear the rear end has vastly improved. I never had any doubts about these shocks. I was quite positive that they would acommodate your needs. For the price of these units i would say they are really good bang for your buck. Another vote for BOGE. By the way, who repaired the shock for you?

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yeah dude cheers heaps for the deal it was ither them or some dude was going to sell me some pedders for around the same price but im glad i bought the boges there stiff enough as they are and when i get the 17s it will be even more stiffer
i brought a die nut from a bolt place used that then i took it back and got my 20 bucks back lol and bought an other lock nut the thread wasn't tht good but the lock nut held it together
cheers heaps hazard for the sale i cant wait when the fronts are in should handle good

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I have ultimas in the front of mine with kings super lows all round and im very happy with the shocks. They work great i would have put them in the rear too if i didn't want to keep the air shocks.
I was a bit disapointed with the kings though. I thought the rear would be a little lower (to match the front) and the front springs could be a bit firmer (too soft, promotes over steer). But for the price the construction of the ultimas look really good... time will tell of course.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

with short stroke shocks do you have to cut the bump stops in half or not put them in or do you just leave them in

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3