has anyone done a Clutch conversion cable to hydralic in ef 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: has anyone done a Clutch conversion cable to hydralic in ef
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

hey guys
i just wondering is anyone actualy tryed to install a hydralic clutch set up into a E series falcon

I thinking of doing it when i install my new t5 into the car. but i wont be doing the auto to manual conversion for a few weeks yet.

when you thing about it. It wouldn't be a hard conversion
just need to buy something like a BA master and slave cylinder and make a bracket up on the bellhousing so it can bolt down and push the yoke
and rip half ya dash out and line up the the top of the clutch pedal(where the cable links up) to the firewall and drill the hole and mount the master and get a braided brake line made up to link between the master and slave and all should be good with some dot 4 fluid.

what do you guys think and anyone know of someone who done it or any info or pic's

ow and put the dash back in and bleed the clutch system LOL

Cheers,
Jason

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Yes, have done it to an EL V8, and removed it as well...

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Why would you want to? Are you going to be fitting a seriously heavy duty clutch?

The problem you will have is that the clutch pedal setup is designed to pull a cable, and you want to push a piston in the master cylinder.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Why would you want to? Are you going to be fitting a seriously heavy duty clutch?

The problem you will have is that the clutch pedal setup is designed to pull a cable, and you want to push a piston in the master cylinder.

Its pretty easy if you look at an XC cable pedal, and an XB Hydraulic pedal.
Problem is, there is no advantage, and its alot of work for no gain.
In a V8 you can use other bellhousings, not sure what you could do with the six.
Best bet is to brace your pedal box to the firewall, and on the pin, and run cable.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

just thought it would be bit better then ya cable sawing threw ya firewall LOL

why did you think i was going to run a heavy duty clutch?

havn't you seen the little cars like Pulsa's with hydralic clutches

it make it nicer to use when you do a lot of city driving and you want a manual it sometime get tiring on the left leg pushing that clutch in and out

just thought id look into it and give it a go and if all goes good it let people know they can do it to there car is they have a need for it.

Hey 347stroker is ya don't mind me asking why did you remove it?

Cheers,
Jason

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Because I blew the hydraulic hose, and I could not get a pedal position and feel I liked.
Cable works fine really, I have the modified master here somewhere if you want to try it out.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Xflow wrote:
when you do a lot of city driving and you want a manual it sometime get tiring on the left leg pushing that clutch in and out

Chicks dig a bloke whos left leg is bigger than his right :lol:

It'd be easier to fit a new clutch if you want a lighter pedal feel. When I replaced my old stock clutch the new PBR replacement (a little heavier duty than stock but not heavy duty as such) it was so much lighter it was rediculous. It was actually lighter than my missus' festiva!

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

if ya don't mind me asking what model car did you get the master off? and what did you mod on it but i wouldn't mind try it with your master if you manage to get it all bolded up.

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hyena wrote:
Xflow wrote:
when you do a lot of city driving and you want a manual it sometime get tiring on the left leg pushing that clutch in and out

Chicks dig a bloke whos left leg is bigger than his right :lol:

It'd be easier to fit a new clutch if you want a lighter pedal feel. When I replaced my old stock clutch the new PBR replacement (a little heavier duty than stock but not heavy duty as such) it was so much lighter it was rediculous. It was actually lighter than my missus' festiva!

hahaha nar that was the 3rd leg help with the process of f**k the clutch LMAO

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just used an XB one, its here, with a heim joint attatched to one end, just need to use a set up close to an XB pedal, I even have the bell and slave here somewhere too, but its to suit an 8

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Why would you want to?

Hydraulic Clutch's feel heaps better. I'd love to drive an E series with this conversion.. My EF Clutch is heavy as, Clutch is a PBR Heavy Duty & isn't that old so I'll have to put up with it for a while longer :( My AU was light as, it felt like it was Hydraulic, was as light as my Wife's Laser!

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
Why would you want to?

Hydraulic Clutch's feel heaps better. I'd love to drive an E series with this conversion.. My EF Clutch is heavy as, Clutch is a PBR Heavy Duty & isn't that old so I'll have to put up with it for a while longer :( My AU was light as, it felt like it was Hydraulic, was as light as my Wife's Laser!

Feel heaps better.. not sure I would say that. Smoother and often less effort yes, but you get a lot of feedback though the pedal with a cable and some people like that.

There really isnt a need for a heavy clutch unless you have gone seriously hard core. There are some heavy duty clutches around which are just too heavy, stay away from them and you are fine. Some heavy duty clutches (such as extreme) are barely heavier than stock and you wont make it slip unless you have 300+rwkw.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
cheersdude wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
Why would you want to?

Feel heaps better.. not sure I would say that. Smoother and often less effort yes, but you get a lot of feedback though the pedal with a cable and some people like that.

There really isnt a need for a heavy clutch unless you have gone seriously hard core. There are some heavy duty clutches around which are just too heavy, stay away from them and you are fine. Some heavy duty clutches (such as extreme) are barely heavier than stock and you wont make it slip unless you have 300+rwkw.

Yeah thats more what I meant, I'll be putting an Exedy in mine when the time comes up, only because I can get them cheap..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]