Fordmods Logo

HELP please 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP please
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XG Falcon Ute

TAS, Australia

I have a 1999 AU wagon that has recently developed a squealing noise coming from the front wheels it's not a brake problem because it is there all the time. But it seems to get worse the longer you drive it is quiete annoying I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it was. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

You'd have to pull the front wheels off and have a look, have you recently serviced that front hub's? it could be that you've tensioned the hub nuts too tight, and therfore you have done the bearing's that are within the hub.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Hi buddy I havent touched the front end of the car for ages only too replace the pads about 18 months ago. Do you think it would be worth replacing the bearings?

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Hi mate no I havent serviced the hubs the only time Ive done anything to the front of the car is when I replaced the pads about 18 months ago. Do you reckon it would be worth replacing the bearings? I am just about to replace the front rotors so it seems as good a time as any to replace them.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hub7373 wrote:
Hi mate no I havent serviced the hubs the only time Ive done anything to the front of the car is when I replaced the pads about 18 months ago. Do you reckon it would be worth replacing the bearings? I am just about to replace the front rotors so it seems as good a time as any to replace them.

Well I don't know whether to eliminate pad's or not because they where changed 18 months ago, they could be scraping against the rotor's.

If your changing the rotor's I strongly suggest you change the pad's too.

While you have the rotors off you will be able to see the condition of the bearings and if they are worn or not, I wouldn't replace them if they aren't worn. If they are worn then get them replaced. I also noticed that when purchasing new rotor's, there is a rear hub seal that isn't included with rotor's, and you need to purchase this seal separately, and be carefull with it too because it's a fragile thing to get in.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Thanks very much for the advice mate you have helped a great deal.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hub7373 wrote:
Thanks very much for the advice mate you have helped a great deal.

No Worry's ;)

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Check the shims that sit under the pads. The little ones that sit crossways on a car can get hit by a stone, and be caused to drop down, rubbing against the outer of the hub. Failing that, it may still be brakes. Make sure the sliders havent failed as that will cause problems with your brake pad wear

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]