Fordmods Logo

Hi stall putting trans into limp mode 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Hi stall putting trans into limp mode
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I just put in a JMM 3000 stally yesterday and when you give the car a hard time it goes into limp home mode. Does anyone have the diagram for kit that will stop this (similar to the DIY shift kits)? I've done a search but couldn't find anything. the car is a 1995 EF Falcon series 1. cheers.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Have you got a good oil cooler on there?

I think casper had the same problems and just didnt give it a hard time as much.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

The device to solve the limp home mode problem is HERE

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

And is worth every cent.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

nah no oil cooler yet, just the stocko radiator one. it doesn't matter tho, i can start the car and drive it normally so the trans isn't even hot and then if i try one burnout, it will go into limp mode straight after. It's not too bad its just when your trying to rip a skid. i'm gonna chuck on one of the factory coolers for now cause it's free from a mate but I might get a bigger one down the track. i was kinda hoping there was a diagram with a couple of resistors or whatever that would solve the problem....it's obviously gonna be something like modifiing the signal on a few wires to the ecu to trick it into thinking everything is fine.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

what do auto shops do when they install for our e series cars obvisouly they woudlnt instal a stall that constantly goes into limp home mode the minute u go for a of a burnout session

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
what do auto shops do when they install for our e series cars obvisouly they woudlnt instal a stall that constantly goes into limp home mode the minute u go for a of a burnout session

My EL had a 2700 stall in it, and would only hit LHM half the time. IIRC LHM is right on 2700rpm so if you have a stall lower than this, you're fine.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Private9 wrote:
stoj79 wrote:

My EL had a 2700 stall in it, and would only hit LHM half the time. IIRC LHM is right on 2700rpm so if you have a stall lower than this, you're fine.
what brand stall did u have and what was it worth to fit up when u had it ive herd that dominatoir stalls dont get to there stall speeds accurately but tce convertors are very good and also did it lock in 4th

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ef's and au's can have 3500rpm high stalls, as long as you dont hold them stalled up for too long. a cooler is a must also.

EF Fairmont, Auto, Shift Kit, 2500rpm High Stall, ultra lows, shortened struts and shocks all round, 4.11 LSD,ported and polished head,au gasket, Wade 1521a, Heavy Duty Valve Springs, HP5 Chip, SS Inductions Kit, Pacemakers, metal cat, 3 inch zorst, 3inch difillipo inatke, k&n filter.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stoj79 wrote:
Private9 wrote:
stoj79 wrote:

what brand stall did u have and what was it worth to fit up when u had it ive herd that dominatoir stalls dont get to there stall speeds accurately but tce convertors are very good and also did it lock in 4th

if you fit the same converter to three different engine each with different torque curves, you get thre different stall speeds with the same converter.
there's more to it then just a number

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
Private9 wrote:
stoj79 wrote:

I think it's a Dominator, but I've never looked that closely at it.

Re the rest, exactly what tickford_6 said!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]