Fordmods Logo

High Hi-Stalls and how you find them on the street... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: High Hi-Stalls and how you find them on the street...
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XD Falcon 351 Toploader

WA, Australia

Hey all,

Well just trying to get some feedback from the guys that are running big stalls on how they cool their boxes and how they run on the street.
Some might remember my corty from 2010 powercruise WA. Well back then i was running a T5 and in the burnout on the Sat night i blew the diff again and also no 6 ex valve made contact with the piston and bent my rod. So i pulled the engine down and have gone even more extreme with it. Ive also upgraded the diff and decided to go C4 so i could get some consistant times. Simon and the boys at Allfast are building me an 8" 4400 stall for it. Run down on the engine is-
250 xflow with ef crank, 200 rods and acl pistons to suit, crow custom solid with .597 lift and 254@ .050" 107 ls, 4 barrel 650 QFT, 4 brl aussiespeed, msd 6al-2 proggrammable, 11.8/1 cr blah blah blah lol, So shes pretty rough on idle and will be good for 350-380 @ fw.
Just wondering really how you guys find your hi-stalls on the street. I know most of you have boost/ v8s etc and its apples vs oranges but wat size cooler are you using to keep it cool?
Cheers Chris

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]