Fordmods Logo

Hit a Rock at 60, Bolts all Stuck, and strange noise 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Hit a Rock at 60, Bolts all Stuck, and strange noise
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

hey,
I was driving to pick a mate up last nite, and i hit a rather large rock at 60k's... to cut the story short, tyre blew, all the bolts in the calipar are stuck, and one is snaped and strange noises are occouring!
anyeone know what i should do to fix this

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:42 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Pull the wheel off and look for broken/bent bits?
It sounds f**k if it snapped a caliper bolt.
I'd be on the lookout for new control arms, new spindle, and maybe even new radius rod.

Pull it all apart and have a look but you lazy prick!

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Steady ED wrote:
Pull the wheel off and look for broken/bent bits?
It sounds f**k if it snapped a caliper bolt.
I'd be on the lookout for new control arms, new spindle, and maybe even new radius rod.

Pull it all apart and have a look but you lazy prick!

umm, i snapped the bolt trying to have a look at it, its stuck in there.
last time i had the bolt out was under 2weeks ago, and we didnt tighten it up that tight!

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 85

Posts: 1088

Joined: 30th Jan 2005

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Sounds like you may have bent the stub axle, loading up the caliper bolts in the process and making them hard to remove.
Just remove the front stub assembly, get it on the bench and check it over...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Hit a Rock at 60, Bolts all Stuck, and strange noise
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:22 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 256

Joined: 25th Nov 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
hey,
I was driving to pick a mate up last nite, and i hit a rather large rock at 60k's... to cut the story short, tyre blew, all the bolts in the calipar are stuck, and one is snaped and strange noises are occouring!
anyeone know what i should do to fix this



I would replace all broken bits with useable parts...
:lol:

May be get a professional to look at it if it is too hard to fix, insurance might cover it as well if there is lots of damage
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i knew those rocks i laid accross the rd would get you some time Mitch! muhuhahahaha
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 1966

Joined: 13th Aug 2005

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

Location: some where in nsw
NSW, Australia

Southy wrote:
i knew those rocks i laid accross the rd would get you some time Mitch! muhuhahahaha


then you can pay to fix it,, :twisted: :twisted:

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Mitch Owed me a 6 pack, now we are even :cool:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 1966

Joined: 13th Aug 2005

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

Location: some where in nsw
NSW, Australia

well then thats fair enough

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

347stroker wrote:
Sounds like you may have bent the stub axle, loading up the caliper bolts in the process and making them hard to remove.
Just remove the front stub assembly, get it on the bench and check it over...

yer i'll have to do that tomoro....

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names