Fordmods Logo

How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6???? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford xr6 fg falcon

QLD, Australia

data_mine wrote:
Cam17 wrote:
brad17djr wrote:
just get the same center i have took ages to find the diff i want the tru track is the best just a bit dear but there tuff as nails unlike the m80 lsd puss, also diff gears are for cars that dont make power;)

Which did u end up going? So I take it mine is a m80 28spline. I want better gears the stock 2.73 is s**t and Im only gonna due extractors and cat as I've already got a modded typhoon exhaust. And a tune for now. So want 3.27 or maybe 3.46

You got the ZF6 ?

If so I'd recommend the 3.46, easy to find (manual owners get rid of them for 4.11s). But dunno if they come in the M80 size.

I'd also recommend the TruTrac, I've had one for ages now, tough as, keep smashing gears (pinions), but the TruTrac lives on.

Unfortunately not I have the gay 5speed auto so bulk power being robbed it only managed 143.7kw in stock form. And I've done 3inch typhoon exhaust keeping the middle standard typhoon muffler (for now replacing with a 3inch hotdog) and one 3inch redback straight through muffle to twin 2.5inch dump tips. And a pod in the standard Airbox with a air scoop for the snorkel (like the big mouth). Just trying to get abit more launch and would be nice to have a LSD.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2