Fordmods Logo

How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6???? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 28th Jun 2011

Ride: Ford xr6 fg falcon

Location: Toowoomba
QLD, Australia

Hey guys pretty dumb question but how do I tell what sort of diff is in my fg xr6? Cause I want a LSD and can't find what sort of diff it is. The tag in the diff doesn't say.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:30 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Cam17 wrote:
Hey guys pretty dumb question but how do I tell what sort of diff is in my fg xr6? Cause I want a LSD and can't find what sort of diff it is. The tag in the diff doesn't say.


The VIN plate (*cough* sticker) in the drivers door frame will tell you what factory diff it has/had.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

[Insert stereotypical comment about doing a fully sik burnout and seeing if you rip hectik dualies or not]

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 337

Joined: 30th Apr 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

REW93N wrote:
[Insert stereotypical comment about doing a fully sik burnout and seeing if you rip hectik dualies or not]


*as well as lifting up the a*** of the car and seeing if both wheels turn in the same direction*

 

_________________

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1507

Joined: 14th Aug 2009

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

Location: Gosnells, Perth
WA, Australia

n/a fg xr6 did not have a option of LSD.

 

_________________

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Benny D wrote:
n/a fg xr6 did not have a option of LSD.

Had an FG XR6 in work today that had LSD in it :S
Only had 15, 000Km on it.

Assume it was factory.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 28th Jun 2011

Ride: Ford xr6 fg falcon

Location: Toowoomba
QLD, Australia

I know it's not an LSD if you read what I said I want to know what type it has as there are two different types of diffs in the fg xr6's and I need to know which one as to which LSD centre I need to track down and buy.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1166

Joined: 31st Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

Location: Christchurch
New Zealand

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Cam17 wrote:
I know it's not an LSD if you read what I said I want to know what type it has as there are two different types of diffs in the fg xr6's and I need to know which one as to which LSD centre I need to track down and buy.


There's not two types of diff.

You've got the M78

The M86 only comes in the turbo and V8 models.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 28th Jun 2011

Ride: Ford xr6 fg falcon

Location: Toowoomba
QLD, Australia

data_mine wrote:
Cam17 wrote:
I know it's not an LSD if you read what I said I want to know what type it has as there are two different types of diffs in the fg xr6's and I need to know which one as to which LSD centre I need to track down and buy.


There's not two types of diff.

You've got the M78

The M86 only comes in the turbo and V8 models.


There are two types in FG, M80 4 pinion and M86 2 Pinion.
The only listing I Can find for the 3.27 Diff ratio is for an M80, I thought ALL FG XR's used the M86?

M86 uses a 220mm Diameter gear set and you can get the 3.46 ratio for them but the 3.27 is ONLY used on the NON LSD M80. The M80 uses 28 splines and the M86 uses 30.

Crown Wheel and Pinion, BAC 4209 B $1242.00 retail.

^thats wat papa smurf said. The m78 are in the b series falcons
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Cam17 wrote:
data_mine wrote:
Cam17 wrote:
I know it's not an LSD if you read what I said I want to know what type it has as there are two different types of diffs in the fg xr6's and I need to know which one as to which LSD centre I need to track down and buy.


There's not two types of diff.

You've got the M78

The M86 only comes in the turbo and V8 models.


There are two types in FG, M80 4 pinion and M86 2 Pinion.
The only listing I Can find for the 3.27 Diff ratio is for an M80, I thought ALL FG XR's used the M86?

M86 uses a 220mm Diameter gear set and you can get the 3.46 ratio for them but the 3.27 is ONLY used on the NON LSD M80. The M80 uses 28 splines and the M86 uses 30.

Crown Wheel and Pinion, BAC 4209 B $1242.00 retail.

^thats wat papa smurf said. The m78 are in the b series falcons


So with all that info you still can't work out what you've got?

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 302

Joined: 5th Sep 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

Location: Wallerawang
NSW, Australia

just get the same center i have took ages to find the diff i want the tru track is the best just a bit dear but there tuff as nails unlike the m80 lsd puss, also diff gears are for cars that dont make power;)

 

_________________

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 28th Jun 2011

Ride: Ford xr6 fg falcon

Location: Toowoomba
QLD, Australia

brad17djr wrote:
just get the same center i have took ages to find the diff i want the tru track is the best just a bit dear but there tuff as nails unlike the m80 lsd puss, also diff gears are for cars that dont make power;)

Which did u end up going? So I take it mine is a m80 28spline. I want better gears the stock 2.73 is s**t and Im only gonna due extractors and cat as I've already got a modded typhoon exhaust. And a tune for now. So want 3.27 or maybe 3.46
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How do u tell what diff us in my fg xr6????
Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Cam17 wrote:
brad17djr wrote:
just get the same center i have took ages to find the diff i want the tru track is the best just a bit dear but there tuff as nails unlike the m80 lsd puss, also diff gears are for cars that dont make power;)

Which did u end up going? So I take it mine is a m80 28spline. I want better gears the stock 2.73 is s**t and Im only gonna due extractors and cat as I've already got a modded typhoon exhaust. And a tune for now. So want 3.27 or maybe 3.46


You got the ZF6 ?

If so I'd recommend the 3.46, easy to find (manual owners get rid of them for 4.11s). But dunno if they come in the M80 size.

I'd also recommend the TruTrac, I've had one for ages now, tough as, keep smashing gears (pinions), but the TruTrac lives on.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names