Fordmods Logo

How low??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: How low???
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

im looking to lower my ef xr6. i have 19's but im not to sure what to get. will SSL in the front and UL in the back be good? also will it be legal? thanks :)

EF XR6, Red in colour, T5 with short shift, tired LSD, Pioneer head unit, 2.5 exhaust with staino pacemakers, 68mm TB, dumped on ultras, sitting on FTR's with EL bodykits

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I'd be concerned with rubbing the rear tyres with ultralows in the rear. How wide are the 19's going to be?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

effalconxr6 wrote:
im looking to lower my ef xr6. i have 19's but im not to sure what to get. will SSL in the front and UL in the back be good? also will it be legal? thanks :)

SSL = UL.
SL front, SSL (UL) rear.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

Thought i`d jump in here.

I have Advanti 19" rims with 245/35 R19 tyres on my car and i hate having them....every tyre so far has rub out on the inside of the rim so i am going to need news tyres, all this would be fine expect these tyres havnt done anywhere near 5,00kms.

When the tyres where fitted the guy told me that i would need a Cast Iron Kit put on to stop the rear end from towing in.

My cars low to a reasonable height and im going to quote getting it lifted....i pretty much bottom out on the rear end all the time, i can even drive it to melbourne (Canterbury) because it just bottoms out in carparks and whatnot.

Ive got Monroe GT Sports shocks with king coil springs.

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Falcon's need shim kits when they are lowered, sometimes more than they might have from the factory. That will correct the tyre angle & stop it scrubbing out the tyres.

As for how low you are, sounds like your on ultra lows. I'm running ultra's atm with not many scraping issues, except the occasional speed hump that's taller than it should be! Driveways are not much issue if you take them correctly.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I'd be concerned with rubbing the rear tyres with ultralows in the rear. How wide are the 19's going to be?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

i have 235/45/R19

EF XR6, Red in colour, T5 with short shift, tired LSD, Pioneer head unit, 2.5 exhaust with staino pacemakers, 68mm TB, dumped on ultras, sitting on FTR's with EL bodykits

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2