Fordmods Logo

hydratrak diff,what are the chances? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: hydratrak diff,what are the chances?
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

iv always thaught my lsd was rooted in my el xr6 because i could very easily spin one wheel when jacked up,as easily as a single spinner,but the tag says its a 3.45 lsd,which it should be. BUT... i just got my car making really good power last night (turbo) running 9 psi and it is going very very well,extremely fast,the roads were a bit greasy not wet,i can get full boost in first (manual) with no wheel spin,so i stopped and dumped the clutch and it just hooks up,why is it not smoking one wheel,its getting really good traction,but if it was a lsd as weak as what it is at should be doing huge single spinners...any ideas?

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

its a falcon lsd itl probly stop working tomoro

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:03 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

people have to remember its "limited" slip. Not locked...

You will always be able to spin one wheel by hand even though the other is on the ground. This is what limited means.

When you've been floggin it around taking of etc, the resistance on both wheels is the same - hence no single wheeler burnouts

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

im a mechanic and i know all about how the lsd works,but when the back wheels are off the groung there is zero resistance to spin them in opposite directions,a good lsd takes a fair bit of tension to get them to slip and a worn one still takes some tension,mine has no tension it feels like a single spinner

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

madeaspack wrote:
im a mechanic and i know all about how the lsd works,but when the back wheels are off the groung there is zero resistance to spin them in opposite directions,a good lsd takes a fair bit of tension to get them to slip and a worn one still takes some tension,mine has no tension it feels like a single spinner

Sounds like its stuffed. Have you changed the oil in it???? Sometimes this helps, but if it spins easily by hand, then its had the carrot.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ive thaught it was stuffed for as long as iv had it but if its so stuffed why cant i do big single spinners with full boost?it just grips,and my tyres arent that good

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:03 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL GT - T2 TS50

QLD, Australia

I very much doubt its a hydratrak, they are nothing but a POS and if it were you would have a single spinner. I have one, and it will be comming out the first chance i get.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]