Fordmods Logo

I6 and V8 EF/EL gearboxs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: I6 and V8 EF/EL gearboxs
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

my old man is just wondering if there is a difference between v8 and I6 T5 gearboxes and if i had a auto ECU and put a manual in the car and didnt plug in the auto part would the ecu work the same as a manual ?

as dad has found a T5 to suit my NF in one of he's sheds

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: I6 and V8 EF/EL gearboxs
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

6 and V8 boxes are different. The difference is in the input shaft length.
What is your car now? If you old man has a V8 one in his shed PM me. Ill take it off your hands for $$$.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

just told the old man and he says he has a V8 bell housing the bell housing on it and he says they are exactly the same length so im guessing it must be a I6 box and according to him the bell housing is as long as the input shaft so you sure about that ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

so does a AU T5 fit the e series does it ?

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ok just thought i should ask since you mentioned i just had a look at the box it currently has no bell housing bolted to it but i can measure the input shaft if someone can give me the measurements but i would guess its out of a ED going by the gear shift boot on it is a ED shape

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]