Fordmods Logo

i6 manuals??? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: i6 manuals???
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 169

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef falcon

Location: perth
WA, Australia

hey guys

ok what manual boxes will fit an ef i6??? im pretty sure its from ea to el??? but i think i heard somewhere that au will fit too???

 

_________________

stage2cam,lukeyheaders,highflowcat2 1/2, 2 1/2 exhaust 3 hotdogs, 17x235/45 17x255/40's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:26 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

XF T5 to BA T5 will fit, but you will need the E-series bellhousing, or have a slight misfit with the AU one.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

anyone know how to do hydraulic clutch yet? :P

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 324

Joined: 19th Mar 2007

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

have the T5's changed much internaly from EA to BA? Any major advantages in fitting and au/ba box to an e series?

Last edited by mr_ratapus on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 169

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef falcon

Location: perth
WA, Australia

most boxes make small changes internally over the years to stop crunching bad shift feel using double cone syncros etc etc maybe larger splines on the shafts but in saying that i dont know if they have done anything to the t5...

 

_________________

stage2cam,lukeyheaders,highflowcat2 1/2, 2 1/2 exhaust 3 hotdogs, 17x235/45 17x255/40's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:04 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

XF-EB1 had shorter gear ratios than EBII-BA and no synchro on reverse.
I'm sure there were more improvements than just that though.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:37 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 169

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef falcon

Location: perth
WA, Australia

oh and what sort of prices would i be looking at for the conversion?

 

_________________

stage2cam,lukeyheaders,highflowcat2 1/2, 2 1/2 exhaust 3 hotdogs, 17x235/45 17x255/40's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2550

Joined: 28th Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
anyone know how to do hydraulic clutch yet? :P


what's wrong with the cable - too much for you to push to the floor? :P :lol:

 

_________________

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

BUMP... atm i have an EA t5 in my ef fairmont.. the clutch is pretty shagged.. so the box crunches a lil 2-3rd gear change.. always crunches reverse.. and is pretty tractor like to drive...

*my question is when i replace the clutch with something pretty hard core would upgrading to an AU t5 be a good upgrade drivabillity wise? and id allready have an e-series bell housing as ive had my car manual for around 3 years now... :wink:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
BUMP... atm i have an EA t5 in my ef fairmont.. the clutch is pretty shagged.. so the box crunches a lil 2-3rd gear change.. always crunches reverse.. and is pretty tractor like to drive...

*my question is when i replace the clutch with something pretty hard core would upgrading to an AU t5 be a good upgrade drivabillity wise? and id allready have an e-series bell housing as ive had my car manual for around 3 years now... :wink:


If the box crunches from 2nd to 3rd, the synchro is stuffed, as for crunching into reverse, try puting it into 1st, then whilst foot on clutch, select reverse.
If you constantly crunch reverse, it takes the pionts off the teeth for reverse, and then it gets harder to put it in.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

mr_sperm1 wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
anyone know how to do hydraulic clutch yet? :P


what's wrong with the cable - too much for you to push to the floor? :P :lol:

nah...but it'd just be nice...gets old fast in stop start traffic :P

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
BUMP... atm i have an EA t5 in my ef fairmont.. the clutch is pretty shagged.. so the box crunches a lil 2-3rd gear change.. always crunches reverse.. and is pretty tractor like to drive...

*my question is when i replace the clutch with something pretty hard core would upgrading to an AU t5 be a good upgrade drivabillity wise? and id allready have an e-series bell housing as ive had my car manual for around 3 years now... :wink:


If the box crunches from 2nd to 3rd, the synchro is stuffed, as for crunching into reverse, try puting it into 1st, then whilst foot on clutch, select reverse.
If you constantly crunch reverse, it takes the pionts off the teeth for reverse, and then it gets harder to put it in.
often it does 2nd to third crunch.. 38 % of the time.... :wink:

with reverse i drop it back to second to drop the revs down and quicly grab reverse.. stil crunches lightly though every time... feels like im driving a car with a t5 suited to a street machine... lol

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

What oil are you using in you T5???

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
What oil are you using in you T5???
i never touch it.. wonder if its got any oil in it at all? :lol: kidding... the local servo looks after it for me.. id have to enquire about that.. :wink:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

I use a mix of ATF DEX III and VMX 80 ( 80/20 ) and some Nulon additive G70. Works good. But I rebuilt mine, but thats what I use.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:47 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names