Fordmods Logo

Incredibly stiff brake pedal. 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
Thought it might be a bit more expensive?
I was thinking of getting a new one. Not worth it?

if you want to sell the car to pay for it,give EVL a pm for his and get it tomorrow at afd,your all going,he can tell you how to fit or if your lucky he will.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
Thought it might be a bit more expensive?
I was thinking of getting a new one. Not worth it?

if you want to sell the car to pay for it,give EVL a pm for his and get it tomorrow at afd,your all going,he can tell you how to fit or if your lucky he will.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
REW93N wrote:
Thought it might be a bit more expensive?
I was thinking of getting a new one. Not worth it?

if you want to sell the car to pay for it,give EVL a pm for his and get it tomorrow at afd,your all going,he can tell you how to fit or if your lucky he will.

Yeah, Ive sent him a PM.
Hopefully he sees it by tomorrow.

Is it a quick job?

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
REW93N wrote:
Thought it might be a bit more expensive?
I was thinking of getting a new one. Not worth it?

if you want to sell the car to pay for it,give EVL a pm for his and get it tomorrow at afd,your all going,he can tell you how to fit or if your lucky he will.

Yeah, Ive sent him a PM.
Hopefully he sees it by tomorrow.

Is it a quick job?

last time he did mine about a hour,finding spanners and chit chat.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Might have to be a "at the workshop" job then... haha.
Ill just ask my boss to lend a hand.
Shouldn't be too difficult for him... hopefully.

Thanks a tonne for the help.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

I just can't help but laugh about it...
Image

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Situation sorted.
Be careful driving to the creek and I reckon it might be fixed by the time you leave in the arvo.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Yeah, thanks for that Matt!

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 963

Joined: 14th Jul 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

Location: Back in
ACT, Australia

Replacing booster is mostly easy, hardest part is disconnecting
And reconnecting to brake pedal

Did my first one in around 20min

 

_________________

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

Am I bringing tools?

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Am I bringing tools?


Nope. The dc_todd inspired travelling toolkit that was on sale at s**t is already in the car.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:06 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Am I bringing tools?


Nope. The dc_todd inspired travelling toolkit that was on sale at s**t is already in the car.


Glad to see I could provide some insiration

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Am I bringing tools?


Nope. The dc_todd inspired travelling toolkit that was on sale at s**t is already in the car.


Glad to see I could provide some insiration



Well after you providing the toolkit how many times it was high time I was inspired...................................... :oops:

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 3805

Joined: 22nd Apr 2007

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

Location: Wellington
New Zealand

Are you headers heat wrapped? A crack in that position is very consistent with any number that are behind headers. Try making a bikini heat shield out of a standard manifold heat cover (wrap it around the brake booster) or making a large shield to wrap over the headers.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Incredibly stiff brake pedal.
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Are you headers heat wrapped? A crack in that position is very consistent with any number that are behind headers. Try making a bikini heat shield out of a standard manifold heat cover (wrap it around the brake booster) or making a large shield to wrap over the headers.

Yeah, I had a feeling that's what caused the problem.
I'll definitely look into heatwrapping once the new booster and master cylinder are on.
Cheers.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names