Fordmods Logo

JUST GOT CHEEP DBA SLOTTED ! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: JUST GOT CHEEP DBA SLOTTED !
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: HOT EL

VIC, Australia

just got the 2 front rotors DBA Slotted from Repco in Cranbourne for $125 each. Ordered them from a guy named Trever yesterday and they where in today !. So anyone after some might want to give them a try

The Lion Tamer

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Not having a go at ya mate but I will never buy another pair of DBA rotors again. They lasted my EL XR8 only 6 months with bendix ultimate pads and were too badly worn to even machine. The supposedly cheap a** protax are still going strong with no signs of wear at all , and they stop the car on a dime.

Post subject: i have had the
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: HOT EL

VIC, Australia

i have had the non slotted DBA's for ages (ie: 80,000k) with out haveing to come off once. But each to there own. I am glade your rotors are doing the job for you, i also have a friend that recomends Protax to everyone and he drives like it is the last day of his life so i cant knock them. I just love the Slotted look.

The Lion Tamer

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

XR8beast wrote:
Not having a go at ya mate but I will never buy another pair of DBA rotors again. They lasted my EL XR8 only 6 months with bendix ultimate pads and were too badly worn to even machine. The supposedly cheap a** protax are still going strong with no signs of wear at all , and they stop the car on a dime.

I think you'll find those wicked pads did that the bendix particulary the ultimates a known for chewing the crap out of good rotors

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
XR8beast wrote:

I think you'll find those wicked pads did that the bendix particulary the ultimates a known for chewing the crap out of good rotors
yep i would blame the ultimates thats why i never sell them i have slotted dba with advance pads have been on for years now no probs have worn one set of pads fairly quick but it doesnt bother me the car stops now!but it is hard to get anyone to machine slotted rotors i couldnt get anyone localy but hey they dont shudder will worry about it when they do lol

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

XR8beast wrote:

Sounds like your Pads were the problem, not the Rotors..
Harsh Metal pads will rip through any brand Rotor and thats just the fact we all have to deal with.
Ive had dba's on both of my cars and have had no problems with Disc Warping or premature ware.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

I'm another one for blaming the pads too. I was worried when I put ultimates on my car with DBA slotted but then I sold it and now its someone elses problem in 6 months.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

DBA should recommend what pads to use with their rotors for different driving conditions e.g. a chart of some sort.Why dont they point out NOT to use them with Bendix Ultimates ?.

They dont stop any better than the protax and the slots are purely for wank factor, on brembos they're their for a reason but you get what you pay for I suppose. Sorry guys I'm not trying to get into an argument here and I'm not a sales rep for PROTAX or whateva they're called, I'm just stating at how disappointed I was at forking out near $300 for an overated piece of $#^%*@ rotor.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XR8beast wrote:
...Why dont they point out NOT to use them with Bendix Ultimates ?....

I dont think its that they should NOT be used with them, more just if used premature rotor ware is unavoildable - maybe they could make a note; im sure they'd have one somewhere tho, for legal reasons...

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
XR8beast wrote:

I dont think its that they should NOT be used with them, more just if used premature rotor ware is unavoildable - maybe they could make a note; im sure they'd have one somewhere tho, for legal reasons...
i think you will find DBA and BENDIX are owned by the same company i know any trade night ive been on they are allways both there together

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damn. The price I got quoted of $110 each for DBA slotted ABS rotors doesn't look too good now :wink:

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

My slotteds have warped, after about a year or so, POS things, but they still good stuff.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:27 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Falcon EL

NSW, Australia

Ive had DBA cross drilled slotted rotors on my VS commodore for 6 years never a prob with them.Go through the pads at an alarming rate though.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
XR8beast wrote:

i think you will find DBA and BENDIX are owned by the same company i know any trade night ive been on they are allways both there together

What are you getting at by saying they are owned by same people; have i missed the point lol? :oops: :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

yeh id be looking at the pads, i had bendix utimates on the fronts and they were unreal but i couldnt justify how quickly they went through the rotors and i dont even brake very hard

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next