Fordmods Logo

kings, pedders or lovells? 

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: kings, pedders or lovells?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1998 ford el fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

can anyone help me out and tell me what is a good set of springs? putting them on a el fairmont ghia.

Post subject: Re: kings, pedders or lovells?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Go Lovells, don't go Pedders, King are OK.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

I have lovels low front and rear and no complaints here, theyve been on the car a long time too

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I have had & still currently use both Kings & Pedders. Had no issues with either brand.

Why do some people say "don't go pedders"? They have been in the business a long time doing springs, shocks & suspension stuff.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i had kingsprings previously, and i now have peders and imo the peders are touch smoother on the bumps but the car handles as good ,if not better than it did with the king springs...
ive never had lovels so i cant say how good they are...

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

I've got Kings front and Pedders rear. The difference really comes in with a quality shock. I've got Koni Reds all round, and it is a fantastic ride.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I found pedders to be a tad softer compared to Kings which was noticable and better...........

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks guys might go for the kings springs. And for the shocks wat u guys say is fair decent?? Iv seen the monroe gt shocks that come with a package with king springs? Anyone know that they good or should go for something else?

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

BGS4MY wrote:
Thanks guys might go for the kings springs. And for the shocks wat u guys say is fair decent?? Iv seen the monroe gt shocks that come with a package with king springs? Anyone know that they good or should go for something else?

Monroe GT are s**t. Quality shocks start at Pedders Sports Ryder, and move up to Koni Red, Koni Yellow and Bilstein. The initial entry price for Koni's and Bilsteins equal out when they don't need replacing, as they are a rebuildable shock. Spend the money straight up and realise how great they really are. Anyone doesn't believe me, and happen to be a QLD member, I'll gladly take you for a drive in my Fairlane, with the shocks set at full hard.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

67RCE is right i wish i spent the extra money on bilsteins or koni but i will be replacing the rear KYB to Bilstein as i feel there too soft. The front it good but will start with rear and see the difference and might change the front.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
67RCE is right i wish i spent the extra money on bilsteins or koni but i will be replacing the rear KYB to Bilstein as i feel there too soft. The front it good but will start with rear and see the difference and might change the front.

I had KYB's in my AU, and the NC has Koni Reds, the difference is night and day! Even set on full hard, the ride in the Fairlane is rather comfortable.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

I had KYB's in my AU, and the NC has Koni Reds, the difference is night and day! Even set on full hard, the ride in the Fairlane is rather comfortable.

Im thinking of going Bilstein as its set and forget.........................

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I had pedders custom shocks (Saloon car spec) on my car for a couple of weeks (I was just borrowing them) and I thought they were awesome. They were noticably stiffer on bump, and the stiffer rebound was awesome. They increased the comfortable speed at which I could go over table-top speed humps by quite a bit. I was tempted to get a set, but decided they were a little too stiff and rattly for general driving.
Awesome for a track car though, funnily enough.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, there's also Dobinson springs to buy.
Or if you are buying everyting, you can get AU shocks, then you could even buy Eibach springs.

Personally, I wont touch kings again. They rattle your kidneys and they sagged heaps.

*edit* I should mention this is comparing to Koni red's that I had, and still have in my car.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

This is interesting isnt it.

Funny about pedders too : I wouldnt get anything pedders cause they rip you off, BUT...
.. their springs are fantastic. They give a great ride, where kings are sometimes a little stiff.

Shocks wise - Look at other options, but I cant fault pedders springs.

Nigel

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hmm decisions lol so a good combo would be pedders springs with koni or bilstein shocks, maybe il go for kings springs and koni shocks (red)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next