Level Suspension on EF XR6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Level Suspension on EF XR6
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EF Falcon XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

Recently bought an EF XR6, and Im quite new to Fords so not that knowledgable on all things about them yet.

Anyway, Ive done some searches, and ive found a few threads saying that to get the car to sit level, that you need Ultralow's in the rear, and Superlow's in the front.

However I saw another thread about a guy with superlows all round saying that his front was too high...

I'm a bit confused about what to use. I am real picky about it all and want the car to sit totally level.

I plan on using the STOCK 16" FTR XR6 wheels, and I am looking for a ride height where the wheels sit well with the guards with minimal gaps, and with the car sitting level.

If anyone has pics of their EF / EL that sort of matches what Im after, then post up pics, or if anyone can just recommend what combo to get. Im paranoid that ill get Ultra Rears and Super fronts and itll be lower at the back then at the front.

Thanks guys,
Ben.

Post subject: Re: Level Suspension on EF XR6
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
should help and take into consideration, full tank fuels, LPG fuels and tank eight(if using it) and if ppl gonna be in the back.

I personally like my car a fraction higher in the rear, has ticky suspension and on the roads i go down i need it.

Show us your ef el ride height
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=81336

Show us your modded EF EL
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25164

Show us you EF EL Offset wheels
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=77075

Show us your E-Series
ford-bodykits-f15/show-us-your-e-series-t42035.html?

Thanks for those links,

The first and last links ive searched through thoroughly and the general idea seems to be Ultra rears and Super fronts. But after seeing someone say that they had Supers all round and the fronts were too high, im a bit concerned, because most other people usually say its the other way around.

Heres the thread Im talking about:

post #3 by nstg8a: which suggests super rears and ultra fronts are needed to be level??

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11306133

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

my xr6 has ultras rear and supers front and the front is higher, also will depend on what shocks u run, when i fitted my bilsteins it actually raised the car by 1/2 an inch

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Found some pics of how I want the car to sit, and I have PMd the people who posted the pics to see what they were running.

Im still open to any advice or suggestions guys.

Had a lurk through your thread ef_falcon_95, very nice car! But youre right about the suspension, im just very fussy and want a level look.

Here is some pics of how I want it to sit:

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Okay everyone, ive done some digging and have come up with all the part numbers and heights for Lovells Springs.

This clears up the reason why people have had different outcomes from Lovells Springs. Some people claim their superlows are too high, some too low, etc etc. It is because the Base Falcon and XR-Falcon Lovells springs have different part numbers.

Heres a table I whipped out that should help everyone out.

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

The XR springs are considered to be equal to lows on a std falcon.

What I did was fit superlows all round and then raised the rear slightly with a 10mm spacer to get the stance I wanted.

And just to confuse you even more, when I removed the complete front spring/strut assembly from one EB and installed it into another EB, the second car sat higher than the first by 15mm.

I would say that not all cars are exactly the same, and it will be by trial and error that you will get the look you are after.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]