Fordmods Logo

Low battery, now auto slipping. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Low battery, now auto slipping.
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey fellas, Fitted a second hand trip computer the other day (my clock wasn't working) when I went to start the car it wound over slowly then did the click click noise from the starter motor, after this the clock had to be reset so I suppose it draged to much power. So I ran through the ECU reset procedure just to be sure, took the car for a drive shifts where strange and slipping. I then checked the fault codes and got one that was a blown cluster globe easily fixed and the second is 511 ecu failure I have had this code for as long as I can remember and its never caused a problem. The auto is in good condition new convertor,fluid, trans cooler, LE91 valve body mod and solenoid and LE91 front servo mod and adjustment about three years ago. I am thinking it has something to do with line pressure but I'm just guessing.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

So it was shifting/operating fine before the TC install??
Give it a couple of days and see if it improves under learning.

If not, see if you can borrow an EF auto ECU (not a rare item you would think), and swap and see if there's any change.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yeah shifts where good, auto was doing every thing correctly. Been a couple of days now and still the same so the ECU is not adapting. Another ECU would help rule things out.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]