Fordmods Logo

Lowering 30mm 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

hmm .. how is it approaching driveways and speed humps? at work theres a b**ch of a driveway to get up.

wat are some good shocks to get if im getting the king superlows? i want as much as a comfortable ride i can get (is it possible hehe)

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

theblackone wrote:
hmm .. how is it approaching driveways and speed humps? at work theres a b**ch of a driveway to get up.

wat are some good shocks to get if im getting the king superlows? i want as much as a comfortable ride i can get (is it possible hehe)

Don't worry mate i'm in the same boat, this driveway at my work has this massive slope to get up to, and the carpark itslef is gravel and is full of holes. I've scraped it a few times so far but i think it might have been the guards scaping on the tyre, thats why i have to get them rolled. Can't comment on speed bumps because i try and avoid them as much as possible anyway :)

As for what shocks are good this really depends on how much you want to spend. It's hard to tell just how good my durashocks are because i haven't hammered it bigtime around any corners yet, but i have given it a bit of s**t, and i've notice they make a big difference over the stock suspension. Maybe it would be worth looking at some shortened monroe sensatracks if you don't want to spend a fortune, otherwise there's always adjustable konis @ $600 a pair!

As for ride quality, mine seems to be really nice (my old shocks were rooted so anything's an improvement!). But considering the car is lower the ride isn't so stiff it's going to break your back, it's actually quite enjoyable. Hope this all helps. :D

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

driveways and speed humps arent to bad with superlows. ive got superlows and occasionally scrape over a speed bump or the front bar will scrape ona steep drive, if your going up a really steep drive just turn in on a 45 angle and youll be right

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EF f a i r m o n t

Power: 315 rwkw

WA, Australia

for superlows gaz your car sits at almost lows height.

i have king superlows and with my subs in the back and a 1/2 tank of fuel i scrape almost every time on a speed hump.

it all depends how high your exzorst hangs too cause most of the time thats all that scrapes.

i havent scraped my front bumper on anything yet but my tow ball hits the ground reversing out of my drive way.

if your carefull and go pretty slow at most stuff u shouldnt have any problems.

1995 EF Fairmont with all the Gear.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

the front is almost super lwo height, but the back is a little heigher, i dont mind it that way. gives me room to add wieght in the back and not have as many problems

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

That's the reason i just got low in the back. Apparently superlows in the back don't allow much room for extra weight. With superlows as soon as you start putting people or other weight in the back the back will start bottoming out. Its always a trade-off between practicality and looks, but at then end of the day, falcons were meant to be a passeneger car!

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

theblackone wrote:
damn.. just got a wheel allignment done

worst case scenario ... if i had to replace shocks, get a castor and camber kit and wheel alignment, how much would i be looking at roughly (just a ball park figure so i can call ppl up and know what the going rate should be)

i know springs are about $200 - $230
Shocks $?
Camber Kit $
Wheel Alignment about $100

cheers

just to let u know, i lowered my EF with kings springs superlows (front and rear), monroe sensatrac in front and rear and a k-mac camber kit. it rides nice for a lowered car, i also have 16x8" ROH rims and dont have any rubbing issues... i reccommend the sensatrac shocks, i havnt had any probs with mine in the 2 1/2 years i have had them in :D

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i should add that i havea subwoofer inthe back, with lpg gas tank.. and i play cricket so the kit bag is sometimes inthe back too...

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

The sub won't do too much, but with that lpg tank you could be for a few problems. I'm not sure how much they weigh, but im guessing that with superlows its going to be pushing it, and if you have people in the back you will probably bottom out and scrape your wheels a fair bit. Up to you whether you go the superlows in the back or not, like i said its looks versus practicality. I know one guy told me that his back wheels use to scrape all the time with superlows even with the guards rolled, in the end he had to the the rear shocks hardened. I can imagine this would reduce ride quality somewhat.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Another few opinions etc if you want mate:

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=20

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks king kezza ..ur a champ

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

you're welcome mate :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2