Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: lowering a ba
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i lowered my ba wagon on the w/end. i didn't want it slammed like my other wagon (see gallery) and plus its the mrs car so i just wanted to get rid of the std ford 4wd look. i got some xr6t ute springs for the rear (leaf) and thanks to fordmods member 'pissonholden' i got some xr6t springs for the front. total cost of $180 so not too bad.

having lowered plenty of e series in the past, (had it down to 1/2 hr per side at front) i didn't take much notice of a workmate who told me the ba springs are long. mate i couldn't believe how long they were. e series are possible without spring compressors. ba's are not. luckily i have them. even putting the xr springs back in i had to compress them to get the nut on top of the strut. unweighted the std springs were about 15-20cm longer than xr springs but ride height is only down by about 10 -15mm. no wonder it felt so floaty before.

i will put some pics in my gallery of afterwards but it looks a lot tidier now for a wagon. pneumatic tools would make the job sooo much easier. winding in the spring compressors seemed to take forever. hopefully the shocks(strut) last for a while yet as i don't want to go through that too many times.

getting the springs out is actually a whole lot easier than e series though. 3 bolts on top of strut, 1 at bottom of strut and top ball joint. a length of steel pipe to lever the hub down and out they come.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

as you can see the difference is rather subtle but i think it looks a lot tidier. not so floaty.

Attachments:
File comment: xr6t coils front and leaves rear.
afterlowering.jpg
afterlowering.jpg [ 168.16 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]
File comment: before lowering. typical ford 4wd look.
before.jpg
before.jpg [ 59.82 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

looks very nice. not too low just nice i rekon

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]