Lowering BA with 20" 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Lowering BA with 20"
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

I was lookind at lowering my BA all around with Kings SL. My question is do I really need a camber kit in the front for just lowering it by 1" which is 30mm? and how would the 20" rims sit with it? Thanks for any help!

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Post subject: Re: Lowering BA with 20"
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Does anyone know a place in perth to fit SL king springs in a BA Falcon for cheap? Ive been quoted $470 without camber kit which is a bit much. Not sure if I even need a camber kit yet for the front due to which factory it came out of, some need em some dont for SL kings as I have heard. Any help would be great!

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Decided to Go ahead and get SL's all around! Looks damn good. Just went with the KINGS SL's with no shocks or camber kit, so far so good and not too much of an angle that the tires are on which is good. The handling feels crap loads better and springs feel a bit stiffer probably 10-15% difference which is hardly anything. Ill let ya know here in a couple of thousand K's and see if the tires wear.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

What was the model of the front springs?

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:52 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Im pretty sure that the fronts are KFFL-57SL+ and the rears are KFRL-68SSL+. The rears say SSL+ but I think that is referring to the XT, just getting the info off of the Kings Springs website 2011 catalouge. But Its SL all around I know for sure. Ill tell you if it says something different on the paper work havent really looked at it yet. Feels and looks great so far!!! the springs may compress another cm or two here in a couple of weeks while the springs settle in.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:55 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Cool, how do the tyres sit with the guard? You gotta put up some pics eh.

Last edited by BAXTC1 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

The springs I got are, Fronts- KFFL57SL and Rears- KFRL68SL for XR6 it might be different for an XT. On the paper work it says for the fronts "KFFL57SL Ford BA SDN SSL Kings Fronts Suspension Kings SL", for the back "KFRL68SL BA,BF, FG SDN SL Kings Rears Suspension Kings SL" not sure what it means but damn the car drives amazingly, the car sits very well in my opinion not to low to where its not practicle and not to high. It just looks right! Ill post some pics up sometime this week after the springs settle and when im done painting my calipers!

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

So how did your alignment go without the camber kit? I think I am going to get away without one, but it will be very close. Will find out today.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Finished with this past weeks project. Lowered with Kings SL all around with no new camber kit or shocks, New grille, and painted break calipers.

Attachments:
File comment: Before
Front.jpg
Front.jpg [ 103.09 KiB | Viewed 196 times ]
File comment: New Grille
New Front.jpg
New Front.jpg [ 104.81 KiB | Viewed 193 times ]
File comment: Before Lowered with Kings SL all around, New grille, and painted calipers
old Look.jpg
old Look.jpg [ 91.11 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]
File comment: After Lowered with Kings SL all around, New grille, and painted calipers
IMG_20110911_152738.jpg
IMG_20110911_152738.jpg [ 120.72 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Figured Id post some pics when I painting the calipers! If you want to do this make sure you have plenty of time. This took me about 4 Hours to complete everything. I know its hard to see the painted calipers due to the sun light behind the car in the last photo but the painted calipers really do stick out very well and looks amazing!!!!! Ill take another photo tomorrow!

Attachments:
File comment: Before Back
Before back.jpg
Before back.jpg [ 89.17 KiB | Viewed 195 times ]
File comment: Before painting back
Before painting back.jpg
Before painting back.jpg [ 100.74 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]
File comment: After Back
After back.jpg
After back.jpg [ 99.64 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]
File comment: Before
Doing the front.jpg
Doing the front.jpg [ 104.43 KiB | Viewed 160 times ]
File comment: After
After.jpg
After.jpg [ 114.5 KiB | Viewed 199 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]