Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: lowering bf xr6
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

Durashock short body front and rear
KFFL-57 and KFRL-68SSL and there is no need to fit the ultra low part# (KFFL-57SL) on the front.

Front shock comes with an optional 15mm spacer, and it's recommended to leave it out. Ride is unreal, don't skimp on not doing the shocks, these ones are tough and affordable. Shorter coils on stock shocks will fk the ride in no time.

Fitted on Monday.

Attachment:
More BA Dumped (6) (Medium).jpg
More BA Dumped (6) (Medium).jpg [ 136.9 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

I'll make sure I do some reading up and find out about tires before I get my rims so not to get a set of crappy ones. But to be honest rims aren't a priority right now (too damn expensive lol).

locknut wrote:
KFFL-57 and KFRL-68SSL and there is no need to fit the ultra low part# (KFFL-57SL) on the front.

Front shock comes with an optional 15mm spacer, and it's recommended to leave it out. Ride is unreal, don't skimp on not doing the shocks, these ones are tough and affordable. Shorter coils on stock shocks will fk the ride in no time.

Fitted on Monday.

Attachment:

I'll most likely be getting my rear springs soon, how long do you think stock shocks will last on SSL Kings? I've been told maybe a couple months but I guess it depends on how you drive.
I don't get why my mate was saying stock shocks are fine then? His got ultra low rears and ssl fronts and his been on stock shocks for at least a year now with no issues...

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

By dropping the ride height on stock shocks, you are therefore always running on shocks that are always already compressed to a height lower than their "resting" height. It makes the shock work harder as it has already used up some of it's 'travel'; and results in a bumpier ride, with less shock absorption qualities.

Get some more quotes on shocks.. then give Coast CV's and Suspension a call in on the Gold Coast for parts supplied, and get a quote where you live to fit them, you may save a bit doing it this way believe it or not.

I like boost

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

locknut wrote:

Yeh, I rekon theres a pretty good reason to use the SLs on the front, the 57 is basically stock XR height.
This is with 57SL and 68SSL - and its not low enough

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

locknut wrote:
By dropping the ride height on stock shocks, you are therefore always running on shocks that are always already compressed to a height lower than their "resting" height. It makes the shock work harder as it has already used up some of it's 'travel'; and results in a bumpier ride, with less shock absorption qualities.

Get some more quotes on shocks.. then give Coast CV's and Suspension a call in on the Gold Coast for parts supplied, and get a quote where you live to fit them, you may save a bit doing it this way believe it or not.

True, that does make sense lol. I'll be doing shocks then after I manage to scrap up some more cash. But I think in the mean time I'll run with the SSL rears and stock fronts and if I begin to get any issues I'll make sure I take them off ASAP.
I'd assume Coast CV's and Suspension supply to Melbourne? How much cheaper would you say would be compared to retail?
krisisdog wrote:
locknut wrote:

Yeh, I rekon theres a pretty good reason to use the SLs on the front, the 57 is basically stock XR height.
This is with 57SL and 68SSL - and its not low enough

To be honest I actually don't want the front of my car to be very much lower because already the underside of my front bumper scrapes on kerbs when I'm parking and even though it's not really scratching anything it's still really annoying. By the way, I think your car is lowered nicely, it's what I'm looking for.

Edit - Also, can anyone please explain to me how exactly I can change the rear springs over? Could I maybe get a link or something to a tutorial? I can't really get my hands on a hoist so is it still possible to do it with a jack?

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Mates car, but your doing something wrong if your hitting curbs parking :?

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

locknut wrote:

Fitted on Monday.

Attachment:

Mate... your car looks equivalent to the 57SL up front anyway ?
Does this 15mm spacer alter the height at the front ?

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Jova wrote:
I can't really get my hands on a hoist so is it still possible to do it with a jack?

Mate, don't work under a car with a jack. Sturdy car stands if you must, with the jack as added safety.
Given that anyway, I'd suggest going to a mechanic..... Suspension work is not a job for
the inexperienced.

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

The kerb at the front of a car spot etc. like the pavement or those little concrete blocks to stop people driving into the shop lol.

EB92 wrote:
Jova wrote:
I can't really get my hands on a hoist so is it still possible to do it with a jack?

Mate, don't work under a car with a jack. Sturdy car stands if you must, with the jack as added safety.
Given that anyway, I'd suggest going to a mechanic..... Suspension work is not a job for
the inexperienced.

I never get under the car unless there are stands holding it up also, it's just stupid if you don't.
So I'd assume there's no easy way about changing the springs?

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

EB92 wrote:
locknut wrote:

Fitted on Monday.

Attachment:

Mate... your car looks equivalent to the 57SL up front anyway ?
Does this 15mm spacer alter the height at the front ?

Yep.

That's what I mean with 'no need for 57SL' - probably because I used the Durashock. It comes with 2 spacers, 50mm (for BFMkII) and 15mm for optional height changes on BAMkI-BFMkI.. the spacer goes under the lower spring retainer. I prefer this as at least I have more coil present than running a 57SL.. it really works well, I love the stance. The front is still lower than the back, but only 5mm.

The front and rear is 20mm lower than stock, and very streetable / comfy with less roll of course.

I like boost

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Thanks for the clarification locknut....
That seems like a great setup and I agree, your car looks excellent.... well done.

By the way mate, I posted your car over on Ford Forums too as I reckon many there
will like the particular setup you have. Hope you don't mind.

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Cheers.

I like boost

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3