Fordmods Logo

Lowering EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Lowering EF
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Sorry guys but yet another newbie asking about lowering their EF :lol: but i was just wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me.

I'm only thinking of going lovells lows atm and i was just wondering how far that would drop it?

Also i know shortened shocks would be better but how would i go with stockies?

Would i need to get a camber kit?

Would my tyres be wear unevenly?

Thanks a lot,
Luke.

Post subject: Re: Lowering EF
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

am running lovells superlow rears and fronts with shortened shocks, so imagine a inch higher, standards shock should be fine with low springs but get wheel allignement (cant remember how to spell it)

Attachments:
27112009.JPG
27112009.JPG [ 55.61 KiB | Viewed 135 times ]

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

hmmm that hight looks really good, makes me wanna go SL. Did you need to get a camber kit when you went that low? or did you just get a wheel alignment? Do your tyres wear unevenly? Do you scrape or hit the bump stops much?

Sorry about all the questions i just wanna make sure i do this thing right and don't get any surprises.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

lukes1989 wrote:
hmmm that hight looks really good, makes me wanna go SL. Did you need to get a camber kit when you went that low? or did you just get a wheel alignment? Do your tyres wear unevenly? Do you scrape or hit the bump stops much?

Sorry about all the questions i just wanna make sure i do this thing right and don't get any surprises.

I have lovells superlows also... and when I had my alignment they told me that I really should get a camber kit as they ran out of adjustment and so the camber was not optimal.

You can get kmac adjustable camber kits on ebay for around 80 bucks...... worth the spend...

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yep you guys defiantly changed my mind, SL's it is 8-) !!!

I guess i'll get it lowered, take it for a wheel alignment and see if they say it needs a camber kit. How do they work, can you do them yourself?

So how do you fella's find scraping on speed bumps and going up into multi-story car parks...etc.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

scraping is not really a problem....

The kmac camber kit I have is easily adjusted without dismantling.. but it get set during wheel aligment.. but you can fit them yourself to save some $$$...

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

lukes1989 wrote:

scrapes a little on big dips in the road and have to go wog style over some speed humps. other then that is good ride, id recommend gettin chamber i will be once my bushes are done

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef xr falcon

NSW, Australia

i have lovells lows on my EFXR ,they are about an 1" lower than xr springs and i dont have too many probs bottoming out. But it depends also on your wheel diameter im still got 16" xr wheels ,the other guys look like thier running bigger diameter wheels,so keep that into account also. Also even with lows a had to get a camber kit fitted ,after several times trying to align wheels without a kit.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]