Fordmods Logo

Lowering Height 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

god i love the lowered a** end of e series falcons :)

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

I had superlows in my EL and found it to be a single person car with no chance for any extra load along with a defect (about 10mm under) I then went for lows with short stroke shocks. If you do go with super lows and standard stroke shocks you will find the car to be unroadworthy as you need ample suspension travel. If i was you just go for lows and if you like a bumpy free ride with any extra weight add the short stroke shock option. I have some pics in my gallery with 17"s

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:14 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

joolz wrote:
I had superlows in my EL and found it to be a single person car with no chance for any extra load along with a defect (about 10mm under) I then went for lows with short stroke shocks. If you do go with super lows and standard stroke shocks you will find the car to be unroadworthy as you need ample suspension travel. If i was you just go for lows and if you like a bumpy free ride with any extra weight add the short stroke shock option. I have some pics in my gallery with 17"s

The funny thing is, i just asked my old man what he thought... and he said the exact same thing! bloody hell lol

can't i just buy a set of superlow and return them if i don't like them? :P

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

No you cant return them but can sell then as new with a small loss to other Fordmods members :)

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:18 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

razza62 wrote:
joolz wrote:

The funny thing is, i just asked my old man what he thought... and he said the exact same thing! bloody hell lol

can't i just buy a set of superlow and return them if i don't like them? :P

Well after having super lows in the rear and didn't like them, I took them back to the suspension place to get the springs swapped over for a price...labour fees only. He did say he won't charge me anything if I was to do it myself and just bring the springs back...I got lazy lol. So if you're lucky, you can swap them free of charge if you do the springs yourself.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

fat097 wrote:
hey man as a suspention tec i dont have a problem in my el fairmont i have pedders sport riders supper low's with standed hight shocks works well for me but the car will come down 45/50mm another 15mm with short stroke shock

short stroke shocks wont change the height it sits at from normal length shockers unless the spring seat is a different height :roll:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: el

VIC, Australia

ive got sports riders n ultra lows with whitline swaybars. its the way to, come on mate u camt b drivin a truck, it has to b slamed or nothing.

97 el falcon, dev 5 package with standard tickford head, rebuilt acl 1mm ova size bottem end, rebuilt auto tranny, 3.7 minispool, au2 rims on ultra lows.
14.65 1/4 165rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

I went the cheap way on this car, second hand King springs and Monroe gas shocks ($100 odd from you pull it).
The rear sat too low with the gas tank and sub in the boot so I got some Pedders (rear) springs off Ebay ($22).
The car sits at a nice height for me and can still happily tow a car trailer.
My choice would be Pedders springs (better) or kings (cheaper) with KYB shocks.

Attachments:
Side.JPG
Side.JPG [ 133.85 KiB | Viewed 323 times ]
Front H.JPG
Front H.JPG [ 109.94 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]
Rear H.JPG
Rear H.JPG [ 99.16 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]
Car Tr F.JPG
Car Tr F.JPG [ 78.78 KiB | Viewed 320 times ]
Car Tr R.JPG
Car Tr R.JPG [ 119.15 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]

Member Number 8804

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:27 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

cheers mate... After my uni exams are all done i'll be working again fulltime which means better cash flow again for the car lol

you said you went to U-pull-it.. did you go to the elizabeth or lonsdale one? Im thinking of just goin to pick up the odd bits and pieces lol, do they have any decent quality stuff there (extractors, springs, ecus etc?)

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

I got lucky.....
$650 will buy you a set of King springs, KYB shocks and camber kits.....
Fitted. Only other cost is a wheel alignment.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

not bad at all

went to repco today, my grandfather has a GMH goldcard so i get stuff at trade price i think (ironic ay, buying springs cheap with a holden discount card...)

anywho... is there a problem with lowering the car and not the springs... how does the car ride?

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

haha, you lower the car by changing the spring height, I hope your meaning the shocks and if so, depends on how much by.
Haha, madmatt, yeah I'm partway through a similar path, (still need to fit the fronts.)we have one here, I find theres a lot of good stuff, but it does require a fair whack of luck and resilience(sp)(as a result I somewhat know them down their now, which further helps, hehe), I don't know how many times I've been there. Except the set i got i resold and bought tickfords to replace them with for insurance reasons.

Just a thought before deciding on anything, maybe make a call to your insurer, I found out I could only legally drop it by about 40mm any lower and they just wouldn't insure it. Which restricted me to lows, but atleast it didn't cost me anything.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

have a look in my user gallery for whiteline lows with the matching shocks. still as practical as ever (just have to be aware of what you're doing) and handles sweet as! ;)

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

MadMatt wrote:
I got lucky.....
$650 will buy you a set of King springs, KYB shocks and camber kits.....
Fitted. Only other cost is a wheel alignment.

$120 got me superlows for the rear and xr6 springs and struts (which actually appear to be in pretty good nic) for the front second hand, and then $100 got me a pair of boge shortened shockers for the rear at trade price :P

Now just need to put it in and get an alignment to see if i need camber kit. :roll:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hey razza62...sorry but i keep forgetting to take a photo and now I got lazy lol...

My car is close to Gezza's height now. Wheel arch is maybe 1-2cm above the wheel arch.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next