Fordmods Logo

Lowering the wagons a*** - blocks, reseting, replacement? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i have 2" lowering blocks in the back of mine (kings superlows up front) and have had the back of wagon loaded up for interstate trips etc, had a trailer on to take rubbish to dump etc, with no probs. being an xr though it does have a 5leaf rear from factory. i have monroe gt gas with mine. not sure if these are stiffer than sensatrac. just keep your bump stops - esp one above diff - in good cond and tailshaft won't hit the floor. like you said its not a race car you just want it looking better. i have a pic in my gallery but bit hard to tell.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
yobboford wrote:
definetly go for a reset leaf spring and get them to throw an extra leaf on each side, i have this done to mine and it sits sweet as, can take a load and tow with no probs at all. handles really well aswell.

I can get the extra leaf kits from work no worries - there called Load Plus or soemthing, they sell like hot cakes to the suspension shops so i'm guessing there good! I can fit thsee weather i reset, replace springs or use blocks.

Whats the advantage of me having my reseting the springs over buying new King Spring lows? Cheaper?

yeah reset is cheaper then the new ones, which btw are just old ones reset aswell, with the extra leaf each side you wont need to have the load plus thingie bolted on and looking all daggy, just personal preference i guess.

at the end of the day go for what you can afford and what you think you will be happy with. shocks will make a big improvement in the handling also, get a good set and you will be cheering.

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2