Lsd to spool conversion 

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: drainers
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

oh give the guy a f**k break!! for f**k sake he asked a question about a f**k mini-spool not to have his balls busted from some goody goody know-it-all!!! either answer his question or f**k off!!! until he says he wants to drive the spooled diff on the streests leave him alone and dont critisize him!!!

p.s: that story you are talking about with hyena and that 4x4 was a sik f**k personal joke!!!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Post subject: Re: drainers
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
oh give the guy a f**k break!! for f**k sake he asked a question about a f**k mini-spool not to have his balls busted from some goody goody know-it-all!!! either answer his question or f**k off!!! until he says he wants to drive the spooled diff on the streests leave him alone and dont critisize him!!!

p.s: that story you are talking about with hyena and that 4x4 was a sik f**k personal joke!!!

Oh yes, everyone please leave the poor guy alone, he just wants to do an illegal modification on his car. Let him endanger innocent peoples lives.

Doin it for Scotty.

Post subject: Re: drainers
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:

so what if it was a joke? no doubt it happened to many other people that day, and still happens every day around the world

Banned

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i do not condone minispools and i would not do it myself but the car i bought had one in it already. i was a bit dubious at first as i'd never driven a car with a spool and was hearing the same things as has been said in this thread. after driving it every day now for 3 months it is not dangerous if you understand the limits of it. the car drives like a normal car except when turning at low speed. i have also pushed it hard when turning a few times and found it waaayy more controllable than a l.s.d. i guess thats why drifters and race cars use them.

suggesting that they get fitted to get both wheels spinning is contrary to why mine is fitted. by having power sent to both wheels it means traction is greatly enhanced, not reduced. with open wheeler or lsd it would be much more difficult in mine to get off the line.

having said all that i understand that if you have plenty of lock and plenty of throttle they will swap ends a lot more readily than std diffs.

thats my 2c. if you don't abuse it it will be o.k. also after driving around for 3 months with a spool i am looking for a l.s.d. so i can get rid of it as it gets a bit annoying particularly when you are in a carpark or have non car enthusiast passengers.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3