Fordmods Logo

Machining stub axles- BUDGET BIG BRAKE BUILD . BRAKES ON 

Page 30 of 41 [ 603 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 41  Next

Post subject: Re: Machining stub axles- BUDGET BIG BRAKE BUILD . BRAKES ON
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

My track is 1583 which is 17 mm more than factory spec , troyman yours is 22mm so if you passed , I think I should aswell . My Speedo is out by around 5 km give or take , is that within specs , is there a tolerance ?

He said track and Speedo is what I'd possibly fail on , so if I have them with in specs I should be right ,

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

actually mines 12mm over, from 1554mm to 1566mm.. i made a mistake in my other post, i should have wrote out 12mm not in 12mm...

the speedo must be within 10% and rollong diameter of the wheels must be within 10%.

this is quoted from my certificate...
[quote]
the aftermarket rims and tyres enhance both the braking and handling of this vehicle,
assessed that adr24/ is met. the speedometer is within 10% of true speed given the rolling diameter of the fitted tyres is within 10% of the OE units that were fitted, ie adr18/ is continued to be met..[quote]

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The 10% doesn't make sense . If it's tested at 100 km my car does 95 , so my Speedo is on 100 and GPS says 95 . 10% of 100 is 10 , so I'm within . But if its tested at 40 km 10% of 40 is 4 . If my Speedo says 40 then GPS will say 45

Which will mean I'm not within the 10% by 1 km lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

yea i know, it doesent specify what speed its at.. i would assume it would be at 100kmh?

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
The 10% doesn't make sense . If it's tested at 100 km my car does 95 , so my Speedo is on 100 and GPS says 95 . 10% of 100 is 10 , so I'm within . But if its tested at 40 km 10% of 40 is 4 . If my Speedo says 40 then GPS will say 45

Which will mean I'm not within the 10% by 1 km lol

school zone radar may love the 45,the speeds to watch-40,50,60,80,100 and 110.more so the slower speeds,check them with the gps.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Engineer said max wheel track for el is 1591 mm , mine is 1583 mm so my track is all good.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:37 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

looks great, you gona sell these as a kit? or maby just do a detailed tech doc?

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ill probably do a detailed tech doco. i can get hubs and uprights machined, but id leave the bracket up to the person to make, i made mine with a angle grinder, hand drill, file and tap. easy to make. that way they can use what ever caliper they want.
its just the bracket was hard setting up trying get it to clear the rotor and what not. then i had to put a washer in between it and the caliper anchor to space it out.

i do want want to make the kits but i dont have a proper set up, if i has a small work shop with a bench, vise, drill press then i would, i made them in my drive way ffs and it was a pain in the a** lugging all the s**t from the back shed out to the front lol

but as i said i can get uprights machined flat and rotors made, the rest of the info is in the thread, yous know how i did it so its not rocket science :o

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: Machining stub axles
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
hahahaha corey my test dummy mate if this works ill shout ya a slab.ill send it direct from melb to your door step.

ill be watching this very closely in the next few weeks.

also dont want to go too off topic but would au series 2-3 or te50 brakes fit on my gf's au s1 xr6?

when u sending my slab up ahahh

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
ill probably do a detailed tech doco. i can get hubs and uprights machined, but id leave the bracket up to the person to make, i made mine with a angle grinder, hand drill, file and tap. easy to make. that way they can use what ever caliper they want.
its just the bracket was hard setting up trying get it to clear the rotor and what not. then i had to put a washer in between it and the caliper anchor to space it out.

i do want want to make the kits but i dont have a proper set up, if i has a small work shop with a bench, vise, drill press then i would, i made them in my drive way ffs and it was a pain in the a** lugging all the s**t from the back shed out to the front lol

but as i said i can get uprights machined flat and rotors made, the rest of the info is in the thread, yous know how i did it so its not rocket science :o

so how much would it be to get it machined? im gona talk to my mechanic and yeah, im keen

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Depends if I use uprights and rotors I have or you send yours up.

If you send yours up I can do hubs and uprights for $350 ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL TURBO GHIA

Power: 372 rwkw

NSW, Australia

what rotor did use you on your setup ? how much would you charge for hubs ,uprights and brackets ?

HMMMM BOOST !!!

ED fairmont R.I.P

STREET FORDS FEATURE CAR ISSUE 42

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

RDA AU T series 329 mm slotted rotor $196 a pair .

If I make the brackets i will have to buy another set of au 2 calipers , then I could make up a drawing and make it at work . But yes I suppose I can make the kit with uprights, brackets and hubs . Bracket will come already bolted to upright , and will come with bolts .

Also one thing I found is I made the brackets to suit old warped rotors . I didn't leave much clearance so when I put on New rotors they were obviously different . The rubbed on the caliper anchor bracket a tiny bit but a file fixed that . But I can fix it by leaving more gap to allow for rotor differences . Ideally I should be doing it with a new rotor , but it's not a major issue .

I can do uprights hubs brackets for $450 .

Just keep in mind it won't be a straight bolt on kit . Like I said I won't have the exact rotor you are using so your rotor may rub on the anchor bracket but 15 mins with a file will fix that . But I will leave enough gap for rotor differences

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have 2 sets of AU2 calipers here if anyone is after them.
$40 a pair.
PM me if interested.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL TURBO GHIA

Power: 372 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hey mate i might grab a set,can you tell me the part number on them , i bought a set of calipers but im not sure if there au2 or ba bf calipers

HMMMM BOOST !!!

ED fairmont R.I.P

STREET FORDS FEATURE CAR ISSUE 42

Sort by  
 Page 30 of 41  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 41  Next