Fordmods Logo

Manual Conversion and RWC/Certs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Manual Conversion and RWC/Certs
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon AUII Forte

QLD, Australia

Ignoring the actual work that needs to be done, are there any complications with getting the manual conversion in regards to the law? :shock:

Stuff like RWC, Rego Renewal, Rego Transfer, Engineering Certs etc. Do I need to get it certed? I assume I'll have to let QLD Transport know, will they have any issues with it, or request any additional paperwork?

Thanks

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Isuzu MU-X ,2018 Kia Cerato

QLD, Australia

i dont think you need one if that type of vehicle was avalabe with a manual transmision as a factory option.
my car is just registed and insured as a manual thay didnt ask any questions. my manual tranny has been in the car for around 5 years or more.

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

I'm curious - before you car was auto and it would have been insured as auto. Did you just ring em up and say "its now a manual" and that was it ???

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

i just told my insurance company when i renewed it,, (conversion was done like a month previous) and they couldnt care less..
most likely as it is an option.. if they ask you why just tell them the auto died..

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

afaik, in QLD, as long as you use everything that ford used, all you have to do is inform QLD transport and your insurance company, no need for engineers certificats, mod plates, etc..... the problems begin when you want to use a gearbox other than a T5

Banned

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Isuzu MU-X ,2018 Kia Cerato

QLD, Australia

Happy wrote:
I'm curious - before you car was auto and it would have been insured as auto. Did you just ring em up and say "its now a manual" and that was it ???

i got the car as a manual , my brother doen the conversion when he owned it dont know if he changed his insurance policy?

when i was doing up a policy i just told them its a manual.

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:45 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Technically, if you change anything in the drive train or suspension or brakes, from that which was standard in your particular car, you need to provide some proof that it is safe.

When you do mods which were already made by the manufacturer and available as an option in your vehicle or series of vehicle, then they job of proving that they are safe is much much easier. It is for this reason that rego authorities are more relaxed with these upgrade mods :)

Still the rego authority is within their rights to ask for some proof that it is safe but this may be as simple as a letter from your ford dealer saying that the mods were an option in your vehicle or series and that the mods were installed in a factory like manner.

If the upgrade mod is very difficult to stuff up, the rego authorities may not require anything more than a statement that you have made the mod - so their data matches your car.

Oh and if you change the color of your car, you also have to tell them :?

Insurance companies are a little differant, if they don't know about a mod and should have been told, they are within their rights to not pay out in the event of a claim. So it's best to 1st tell the rego authorities and then tell the insurance company so they can't wriggle out of dishing up some money if you crash into a bimmer.

Cheers, itchione

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]