Fordmods Logo

Manual conversion bolts question with p/n and price supplied 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Manual conversion bolts question with p/n and price supplied
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

Hi guys, I just thought I would share some information/ part numbers with you guys. I have been collecting parts for my manual conversion on my EB. I initially bought the conversion which was a so called ‘complete’ conversion for $500. I have had to by all the bolts, damper hook, dust excluder and gear stick, along with machining the fly wheel  and a new clutch, which isn’t too bad I guess. Clutch cable is sort of ok for now. (not too big of a job to change when the time comes anyway), money is running tight now.
Anyway I had a few issues with ford regarding the bolts, they have ordered the wrong ones initially and now I believe I have  the right ones so here are the parts with the part numbers. These where ordered based on an ef (my box is out of an EF), we know they are the same for eb/d also but that was confusing the guys in ford parts so I stuck to telling them its an EF. Can some one confirm if these numbers are correct? (PAPA SMURF??):

Bell housing (Large Bolts) P/N 57664S2 $20.35 EACH! 6 required (the guy at ford said it only shows you need 5, although I trust voxaces doco more)

Bell housing (small bolts) P/N304626S80 $3.05 each 2 required

Fly wheel to Crank P/N V800322S100 $3.30 each 6 Required

Pressure Plate to Fly wheel P/N E602550S36D $3.30 each 6 required

Dust Excluder P/N XFL7K632A $10.30 Had conflicting information on this being told its not available, then being told it is, not sure if it’s the right one but ill make it fit.

Anyway all up I got a discount and got the lot for $151.83, due to initially being quoted $3.80 for the bell housing bolts when they had ordered the wrong ones. Still a lot of money for bolts but im running out of time and patience sourcing parts.
Anyway please let me know if the above seems correct for the bolts, can take pictures if need be.

Thanks guys

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Post subject: Re: Manual conversion bolts question with p/n and price supplied
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
Hi guys, I just thought I would share some information/ part numbers with you guys. I have been collecting parts for my manual conversion on my EB. I initially bought the conversion which was a so called ‘complete’ conversion for $500. I have had to by all the bolts, damper hook, dust excluder and gear stick, along with machining the fly wheel  and a new clutch, which isn’t too bad I guess. Clutch cable is sort of ok for now. (not too big of a job to change when the time comes anyway), money is running tight now.
Anyway I had a few issues with ford regarding the bolts, they have ordered the wrong ones initially and now I believe I have  the right ones so here are the parts with the part numbers. These where ordered based on an ef (my box is out of an EF), we know they are the same for eb/d also but that was confusing the guys in ford parts so I stuck to telling them its an EF. Can some one confirm if these numbers are correct? (PAPA SMURF??):

Bell housing (Large Bolts) P/N 57664S2 $20.35 EACH! 6 required (the guy at ford said it only shows you need 5, although I trust voxaces doco more)

Bell housing (small bolts) P/N304626S80 $3.05 each 2 required

Fly wheel to Crank P/N V800322S100 $3.30 each 6 Required

Pressure Plate to Fly wheel P/N E602550S36D $3.30 each 6 required

Dust Excluder P/N XFL7K632A $10.30 Had conflicting information on this being told its not available, then being told it is, not sure if it’s the right one but ill make it fit.

Anyway all up I got a discount and got the lot for $151.83, due to initially being quoted $3.80 for the bell housing bolts when they had ordered the wrong ones. Still a lot of money for bolts but im running out of time and patience sourcing parts.
Anyway please let me know if the above seems correct for the bolts, can take pictures if need be.

Thanks guys

Matey, your part numbers are correct and I am guessing you got them from Sinclairs?
In future, if you NEED something like this and as you are extremely close to Parramatta, I could have done much better than that. There is a place in Smithfield that sells ALL sorts of bolts and I am sure that the price for them would NOT be so extravagant. I truly do not know how Ford arrives at the cost for parts as I believe these bolt prices are close to highway robbery.

REMEMBER NEXT TIME HUH? :roll: :D

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah it was Sinclair Ford. Mate your a gun thanks so much for your help. I work at parra I'm there everyday!! He initially said $200 and went back and forth a few times and gave me the 'staff' price of $151.

Next time I'll know where to go for something costly. Do you work at thompsons??

Cheers
moe

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
Yeah it was Sinclair Ford. Mate your a gun thanks so much for your help. I work at parra I'm there everyday!! He initially said $200 and went back and forth a few times and gave me the 'staff' price of $151.

Next time I'll know where to go for something costly. Do you work at thompsons??

Cheers
moe

Yes I do and we own Sinclairs. :D

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

As far as I know, the bolts that hold the auto bell housing to the block are the same as a manual ( yes 6 are required).
You did not mention the g'box to bell housing however???
I was told a couple yrs ago that the clutch cable support bracket isn't available anymore ( bolts onto the bellhousing.).

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bell housing came bolted on the box so the 4 bolts are there. Not sure about the clutch bracket though

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Here are the pics of a clutch cable support.

Attachments:
IMGP3439.JPG
IMGP3439.JPG [ 292.29 KiB | Viewed 136 times ]
IMGP3438.JPG
IMGP3438.JPG [ 333.67 KiB | Viewed 141 times ]
IMGP3437.JPG
IMGP3437.JPG [ 342.07 KiB | Viewed 130 times ]

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You can STILL buy the cable retainer bracket, part number EA 7B637A $5.75 retail.
The clip that holds the cable near the rack is obsolete though so, maybe a big cable tie or some manufacturing? :)

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for that info. Where abouts does this bracket fit on the housing?

Cheers

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

It uses the same bolt that holds the lower shield on the lefthand side above the hole where the clutch cable goes through. You'll figure it when you get to fit it.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:06 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

i would have asked people on the forum bolt length thread pitch and head size and gone to a fasteners joint and got bolts for like 50c ea. probably higher tensile too

sorry bout the hijack but speaking of manual conversions......the guy i got my interior off has an EA with T5 his wrecking, if anyone wants anything including gearbox etc i can contact him and get prices etc. its throttle body injected, manual with computer not mpfi

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Your right I guys there is only one way the cable can go.

About the bolts, the only ones that I got ripped with are the bellhousing ones. I was initially quoted something different and it was sort of a thing that came down to 'well I'm here now'. But you are right I should have bought 1 and matched it up at the least. I guess we live and we learn.

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

If all goes to plan this long week end, I'll be replacing the Evapourator ( A/C ), coz it's cracked, had the A/C compressor rebuilt/resealed, and i'll be putting the manual in at the same time.
I'll take pictures, and post them up, and maybe some one can use them to make a doco on auto to manual conversion????
I'll be using my EA box into the ED....both were sedans.
I don't run my clutch cable the conventional way either, I run it it so it has a smoother curve to it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]