Fordmods Logo

Manual is now fitted:P 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Manual is now fitted:P
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Just thought Id let you all know, that after a very long day yesterday, not ot mention 33 degrees and 90 something percent humidity, I converted the EL to manual. Everything went pretty much as planned, with no major probs. Ended up having to remove the cat to get to a couple of the bolts on the auto, but that wasnt too difficult. Worst thing that happened, was the auto came out before I was ready, and ended up knocking over the drain pan, coating the garage floor with around 8 litres of ATF, but that was nothing a bit of degreeser didnt take car of. Had a few issues getting the manual box in, only because I was working on my own, and the box kept wanting to fall off the jack. Ive taken it for a good run thismorning, and all seems to be good, with the exception of the ecu. Having fitted a wade cam the other day, the ecu now has to relearn the cam (fitted a manual xr6 ecu by the way), and keeps wanting to stall at the lights. However, for some reason, when the aircon is running, I dont get the prob!!??!! Still have to adjust the clutch again to get it right, but apart from that, its all good. Thanks to all who answered my questions in the other thread. Nothing like the satisfaction of doing work on your car yourself, and saving a heap of dosh on labour costs:)

EL GLI, White
Power windows, Fairmont/Ghia door trims, converted to manual, extractors, zorst, wade cam, stereo, Tickford ECU, Tickford body kit, XR wheel.....

Mods to come: 3:45 LSD sitting in shed!!

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Yeah mate, nothing like doin it yourself. That's a top mod - love the manual fairlane :wink:

BTW just wondering if, after starting the first time with the new EEC, did you run it for a couple of mins with aircon on and then off, give steering wheel bit of a reef to let EEC learn about P/S load? Just sounds like idling too low.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

When the aircon is on, the idle is raised slightly to stop it stalling. So therefore, it half cures your idle problem :D

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]