Fordmods Logo

mini spool - is it suicide? 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: mini spool - is it suicide?
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 31

Joined: 28th Nov 2004

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont Ghia

Location: perth
WA, Australia

yeh i been looking into getting a minispool... i know they make u go sideways hell easy and u take off in a strait line better.. so what are some of the negative aspects?

i was told u can say hello to buying tyres every 5 weeks.. dunno if hes s**t and heard the axels also dont like it.. can i have verification and more positive + negative aspects of it.

 

_________________

Holes Oil Leaks Dents Engine Noise "HOLDEN"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 607

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i jumped in my mate vs ss and it sounded like a vn he had the spool in it for obut 3 months and the hole car rattled instide huge shudders and axles brake when you go round a corner and to park it was like driving a semi i was real keen on getting one and everyone who has had one says not to get one turns nice cars into s**t heaps


and they are illegal

 

_________________

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 830

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

i wouldnt dream of it on a street car snapping axels,trying your hardest to drive straight in the wet(kind of fun for a week)dont do it dude bad idea
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

mini spool on a street car= BADNESS dont do it

go for a lsd instead

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: mini spool
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

I know of a few Sydney members who either have it or had it in their car.
You will chew your tyres more & atrack attention from the COPS and watch out as if you arent use to the locker as it pushes you in to corners and a b**ch to park.

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Yeah dude if ugo a mini spool on a daily driver car u are suicidal...for sure id go LSD maybe increasing the gearing if u want more go say 3.9 but i wouldnt advise on the mini spool

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1294

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

well i will go against the grain here and say they are not that bad, they arnt that hard to park, i had one in my eb for around 14 months and didnt snap one axle and they hadnt even twisted when i checked em at 12 mths, they do tend to push the front end in a little bit but overall improve handling by keeping the a*** of the car a lot flatter through corners, they make driving the car an absolute ball of fun, sure you have to be careful but that is just common sense. heaps better burnouts, never wear out, cheap, better launchs and did i mention better burnouts. if you have decent bushes and suspension in your car then it wont shake the s**t out of you. yes they are illegal, but so is having a loud exhaust or speeding or doing burnouts, so in gods eyes all sin is equal so i will see you all in hell, lol.

now i know people will flame me for saying they are good, but everyone is entitled to there opinion so flame away.

i say if your prepared to drive it with the respect it deserve's then go for it.

cheers Rob.

 

_________________

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

yobboford wrote:
well i will go against the grain here and say they are not that bad, they arnt that hard to park, i had one in my eb for around 14 months and didnt snap one axle and they hadnt even twisted when i checked em at 12 mths, they do tend to push the front end in a little bit but overall improve handling by keeping the a*** of the car a lot flatter through corners, they make driving the car an absolute ball of fun, sure you have to be careful but that is just common sense. heaps better burnouts, never wear out, cheap, better launchs and did i mention better burnouts. if you have decent bushes and suspension in your car then it wont shake the s**t out of you. yes they are illegal, but so is having a loud exhaust or speeding or doing burnouts, so in gods eyes all sin is equal so i will see you all in hell, lol.

now i know people will flame me for saying they are good, but everyone is entitled to there opinion so flame away.

i say if your prepared to drive it with the respect it deserve's then go for it.

cheers Rob.

Try & reverse park your old car :lol:
And do you have a mini spool for the WAGON YET?

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2718

Joined: 27th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

i'd have to agree with Rob, if it's done properly and your not a wanker there not too bad, but not for an everyday driver..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:49 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 280

Joined: 30th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

as already stated, it is illegal.
if you have a smash and someone is hurt, the police will look into it.
if they notice you have a minispool you will be in trouble and your insurance won't pay.
to make it worse, arguably, it may not be your fault but that won't seem to count much.

cheers, itchione
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:50 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2799

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

yeah, had one in my wagon. There not as bad as people make them out to be. Id rather an LSD for the sake of easier driving, but they are not that bad if used wih common sense.
Im with yobboford on this one.


Cheers

 

_________________

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:09 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1294

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Ben_Daui wrote:
yobboford wrote:
well i will go against the grain here and say they are not that bad, they arnt that hard to park, i had one in my eb for around 14 months and didnt snap one axle and they hadnt even twisted when i checked em at 12 mths, they do tend to push the front end in a little bit but overall improve handling by keeping the a*** of the car a lot flatter through corners, they make driving the car an absolute ball of fun, sure you have to be careful but that is just common sense. heaps better burnouts, never wear out, cheap, better launchs and did i mention better burnouts. if you have decent bushes and suspension in your car then it wont shake the s**t out of you. yes they are illegal, but so is having a loud exhaust or speeding or doing burnouts, so in gods eyes all sin is equal so i will see you all in hell, lol.

now i know people will flame me for saying they are good, but everyone is entitled to there opinion so flame away.

i say if your prepared to drive it with the respect it deserve's then go for it.

cheers Rob.

Try & reverse park your old car :lol:
And do you have a mini spool for the WAGON YET?


ben, i drove my old car to and from work everyday and reverse parked it all the time, maybe you have just got weak girlie arms, lol, JK.

no my wagon doesnt have one in it, but like i said before its not for everycar, my wife drives the wagon everyday with our son in it so i wouldnt put one in it, if it was MY everyday car then yes it would have one in it straight away.

 

_________________

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

ah well I spose I dont drive your old car every day and now it has peders adjustible coilovers installed on the front now.
It got SMOKED by me & a AU XR6 the other night. :lol:
It might have a quick take off but I catch it and beat it :lol:

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

s**t hey your wagon is just as powerful as your old car WTF

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: mini spool
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 134

Joined: 9th Aug 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Ben_Daui wrote:
I know of a few Sydney members who either have it or had it in their car.
You will chew your tyres more & atrack attention from the COPS and watch out as if you arent use to the locker as it pushes you in to corners and a b**ch to park.


How could it attract more attention from the police???
They have no idea if you got a mini-spool or not...
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:00 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names