Fordmods Logo

My $2809.00 Pedders suspension quote - check this out 

 

Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
 Post subject: My $2809.00 Pedders suspension quote - check this out
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 2537

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

The car is an '96 EF Fairmont, 196,000 on the clock. And nothing has been replaced except the front swaybar bushes in that time.

I got Pedders to do the $14/28 point inspection, which they didn't charge me for.

$151.00 C/Gas Sealed Strut 8917 Right
$151.00 C/Gas Sealed Strut 8917 Left
$47.00 Urethane Shock Bush EP4035
$230.00 2 Camber/Caster Kits 5415
$132.00 2 Pedders Ball Joints PBJ292
$128.00 2 Pedders Ball Joints PBJ296
$34.00 Urethane Radius_Rod Bush EP9089
$56.00 Urethane Radius_Rod Bush EP9151
$97.00 Urethane Control_Arm Bush EP6331
$420.00 Power Steering Rack & Pinion 1607
$166.00 2 Comfort Gas Shocks 8057
$20.00 Urethane SwayBar_D Bush EPF22
$34.00 Urethane SwayBar_Link Busk EP950
$108.00 4 Pedders Rubber Bushes 5822
$88.00 4 Pedders Rubber Bushes 5852
$63.00 Urethane Panhard_Rod Bush EP156
$90.00 2 Front Wheel Bearings SUNDRY
$10.00 Workshop consumables WORK

$784.00 F-Fitting
-------------------------
$2809 TOTAL COST

They said it will be a new car underneath.
A lot of money isn't it. I was under the impression that if you
didn't have lowered suspension, and you have stock rims that you didn't
need a Caster/Camber kit.

Is all this really needed?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 732

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: LTDHO

Location: South eastern
VIC, Australia

WOW - to say Pedders are expensive is an understatement.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My $2809.00 Pedders suspension quote - check this out
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Kit wrote:
The car is an '96 EF Fairmont, 196,000 on the clock. And nothing has been replaced except the front swaybar bushes in that time.

I got Pedders to do the $14/28 point inspection, which they didn't charge me for.

$151.00 C/Gas Sealed Strut 8917 Right
$151.00 C/Gas Sealed Strut 8917 Left
$47.00 Urethane Shock Bush EP4035
$230.00 2 Camber/Caster Kits 5415
$132.00 2 Pedders Ball Joints PBJ292
$128.00 2 Pedders Ball Joints PBJ296
$34.00 Urethane Radius_Rod Bush EP9089
$56.00 Urethane Radius_Rod Bush EP9151
$97.00 Urethane Control_Arm Bush EP6331
$420.00 Power Steering Rack & Pinion 1607
$166.00 2 Comfort Gas Shocks 8057
$20.00 Urethane SwayBar_D Bush EPF22
$34.00 Urethane SwayBar_Link Busk EP950
$108.00 4 Pedders Rubber Bushes 5822
$88.00 4 Pedders Rubber Bushes 5852
$63.00 Urethane Panhard_Rod Bush EP156
$90.00 2 Front Wheel Bearings SUNDRY
$10.00 Workshop consumables WORK

$784.00 F-Fitting
-------------------------
$2809 TOTAL COST

They said it will be a new car underneath.
A lot of money isn't it. I was under the impression that if you
didn't have lowered suspension, and you have stock rims that you didn't
need a Caster/Camber kit.

Is all this really needed?


You're better off getting a Whiteline kit and slap it on. I have been told that a Caster/Camber kit is in deed not required for stock height, but that depends on how the rest of the suspension is.

I wouldn't pay that amount to get it fixed. They basically want to replace the whole suspension system.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

I got my pedders sport kit done this week for $1650, i got struts fronts and rear, coils fronts and rear, camber caster kit and a few bushes done. Handles like its on rails now. I would get a camber/caster kit if you wanted to lower it later on or if you have got different wheels. Also the power steering rack that they do is a re-manufactured one so its a second hand one with most of the parts replaced.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

its quite possible that your suspension is quite shagged

i got pedders to do the saftey check and the only thing they found was a torn dust cover and front shocks were rooted. This is on a 150,000km fairmont and i have never replaced any of the suspension apart from shocks/springs
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 2537

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I'm going to Midas to get a second opinion today. I won't tell them of course about the Pedders quote.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

take it to a decent mechanic instead of a suspension specialist

ask him for a quote only on the things that are rooted, f**k the rest lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

You can need a camber kit on stock height - my car did, 2 different wheel aligners couldn't get it right without 1, there was no more adjustment left.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
You can need a camber kit on stock height - my car did, 2 different wheel aligners couldn't get it right without 1, there was no more adjustment left.


one of the few times i will agree with tweedle dum!



Kit go to WA suspension they will not bs you at all!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Have prices gone up in the suspension business or something? I just got a quote for 4 x KYB AGX and a set of King Springs for my car...$1510 for the lot supplied and that's with a saving of $230...

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My $2809.00 Pedders suspension quote - check this out
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1934

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

Location: Bunbury
WA, Australia

Kit wrote:
$63.00 Urethane Panhard_Rod Bush EP156


Are you sure they're quoting for your car and not someone elses car? Panhard Rods are for Commodores. Falcons have Watts linkages....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6913

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I spent $3000 on suspension on my XR6. Had the works.
Damn feels like a different car.

 

_________________

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 396

Joined: 22nd Aug 2006

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia, XH Outback, EF

Location: Gnangara, Perth
WA, Australia

:o glad I don't buy new s**t!

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My $2809.00 Pedders suspension quote - check this out
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 2537

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
Kit wrote:
$63.00 Urethane Panhard_Rod Bush EP156


Are you sure they're quoting for your car and not someone elses car? Panhard Rods are for Commodores. Falcons have Watts linkages....


This is what concerns me. I am paranoid about being ripped off I have to tell ya. I don't trust anybody with my car 8-)

Last edited by Kit on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

what your getting is a complete rehaul i doubt that all that stuff listed is warn or needs to be replaced. Get what has to be replaced, $2800 is a bit silly its nearly half the price of the car.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names